IN YOUR HANDS I BELONG

When the sun started rising, Percy was still sitting on the stone, but the time he spend there was very productive. He was holding something in his hands. Something very special. The sun was way up in the sky when Camp started coming back to life and Percy could hear the noises of forks scratching plates as everyone was getting ready for breakfast. He hid in the pocket what he was holding in hands and made his way back to the table of Poseidon's cabin. Tyson was sitting there, already eating his favourite peanut butter sandwiches. Percy was glad to see him this happy over such a small thing.
When they both finished breakfast he took Tyson aside

'I need your help' he said with a serious expression and slowly explained his plan. Tyson clapped hapilly and smiled widely, full of enthusiasm.

'Tyson and Percy will work together. Yay!' He jumped like an overhyped... Well, cyclops, because that's who he was.

Now after receiving help from his brother, Percy was left with the last, but the most important task: summoning Nico. Fortunately he knew where to go. After an hour in Hypnos' cabin and one dream message later Percy was ready to get to work.
He and Tyson finished everything in the late evening, leaving just enough time for Percy to take a shower and change. He wore his new black jeans and black T-shirt with blue caption in Greek, he thought that Nico will appreciate the choice of colours.
According to plan he still had fifteen minutes before Nico will appear, but he decided to wait outside. Surprisingly, the son of Hades was there already, sitting on the branch of the oak like the last time (about which, obviously, Percy didn't know). He looked down at Poseidon's son and whistled shortly.

'Well, well... If I didn't know you well enough I'd say that you're going to hit on me. You look good in black.'

'Thanks' he scratched his head nervously and cleared his throat 'Could you get down, please?' and so he did.

'Since when so gentle, Jackson?' Nico glanced at him suspiciously, but he just smiled and took out a stripe of black material and came closer.

'I need to cover your eyes before we go anywhere' Nico didn't look happy about that announcement, but didn't say anything.
He just turned around and let Percy blindfold him. He took his hand and they went into the woods. After five minutes of twists and turns they stopped.

'You can take the patch off'

'A little help would be nice'

'Oh, right' Percy uncovered Nico's eyes and he gasped in shock.
Everywhere on the trees were jars painted in black and blue with little lights inside them, so they were shining delicately. Between three trees standing in the middle were hanging letters: 'happy birthday Nico' cut out of metallic silver paper. In the middle of whole scenery was a table with two chairs covered in black satin. On the table were two plates with favourite foods of both of them, by each plate was a chalice filled full with liquid that must've been wine. Nico didn't know what to say, but he didn't have to. Percy caught his hand and walked him to his chair.

'How did you know?' Nico was truly moved. He never told anyone when was his birthday.

'A birdy told me' Percy winked and took out a small, black box and passed to him 'that's for you'

He took the gift and opened it and once again he gasped, this time even louder. Inside was the most beautiful thing he ever saw. He thought that the necklace he made was amazing, but this was a true beauty in the form of a ring, quite similar to the one he already had. It was shaped like a skull, but it was carved out of pearl. Its eye sockets were filled with red droplets that shone brightly in the delicate light soaking through thick glass and paint. The skull looked as if it melted into the wide circle of pure silver that made the ring.

'Percy ... I have no idea what to say. It is just ...' a single tear run down his face. He was truly moved. He took a closer look on the gift. The red droplets were perfectly round, they didn't look like jewels nor plastic 'what are its eyes made of?'

'My blood' Percy said as if it was the most normal thing in the world ' I thought that ... maybe you'll want to have some part of me always with you. Just so you'll remember that you have a friend in me and that I care about you' he smiled shyly and intertwined their fingers. It was such a sweet and delicate gesture.
The late birthday dinner with Percy was the second best thing in Nico's life, right after meeting his sister Hazel. They spend it talking and laughing. As they finished Percy walked him to the freshly build Hades' cabin. Then the awkward silence fell between them.

'Umm ... Thank you for everything. I've spend amazing time with you and..' he didn't finish cut off by Percy's kiss. It was gentle and shy, and definitely too short for Nico's standards.

'You're welcome - I also had a wonderful time with you. Sleep well'

That night, for the first time, Nico fell asleep with a huge smile on his face.