002

(Michael)^^

She's a wonder; a woman you'll never understand until she gracefully falls upon your life like a petal of a dandelion. She's a delicacy hiding from the world, and for that, I am lost. Why would she want to conceal a beauty that is unheard of? Every time I see her, she has some type of aroma that drags me to her.

It's been two years since I've spoken a word to her, as I assume an invite to an annual party doesn't prove worthy of speaking. It was my mistake to let her go; I refuse to do so again. I plan to rekindle our spark, and this time, she won't leave my arms.

I hope my letter finds her well and she accepts my invitation. I rather not beg her nor seem like a creep. I know she isn't a party gal or fond of large group settings.

However, I know her curiosity. My beloved Kaitlyn cannot pass up an opportunity for a question to be left unanswered: why did I invite her? I'm betting on her curiosity bringing us together again.

I wouldn't consider myself a stalker. I only want to learn her habits, her inner consciousness, her strengths & weakness, her deepest desires, and her interests to be her perfect partner. In my mind, there's a difference.

She's undoubtedly not a habitual person or someone who keeps to a schedule. It's nearly impossible to casually bump into her as I have my class schedule, and she rarely follows hers.

However, we share homeroom, literature, physics, and health together. I request my friends, who share the few classes with her that I don't have with her, to report anything they can about her.

Certainly, I am well aware of the stigma or questions it may bring, so I inquire about various students to pretend I'm vetting people for my Halloween invite list.

My Halloween parties are only popular for the simple fact that I make them exclusive. If only the students we wondrously consider popular were invited, those who miraculously receive an invite would deem themselves cool.

I sort of pulled a Gatsby and wanted Kaitlyn's interests to have peeked–but it seemed to have done just the opposite; she doesn't care. Nonetheless, I still enjoy the parties, and I decided to invite her senior year after two years of an excellent reputation.

I watch as she enters the doors with her headphones on as usual. She pops her locker open using the same trick she normally does. I watch as Jayden tries to call out to her to hand her my invitation letter.

"Hey!" His voice booms.

It finally catches her attention, but irritation quickly floods her expression. I watch her gestures and body language as she converses with him. She's very standoffish and eager to walk away. I hope she at least takes the letter from him before she blows him off. Once she reads the letter, I know curiosity will carry her into my arms.

I grinned when she reluctantly grabbed the letter. I need her to read it instead of throwing it out. I walk towards homeroom to avoid being late.

"Wassup man," Matt greets, giving me a dap.

"Nothing much, I finally gave out the last few invitations."

The bell rings, signaling homeroom has begun.

"Dope man. I'm stomped on a costume. I can't decide between erotic cop," he rolls up his sleeves to flex, "Or hot blood sucking vampire."

I chuckle, "I'm sure the ladies will love it no matter what."

"What are you going as? Party host," he teases.

"Oh come on, I was clearly Frank Sinatra–"

"--Yeah if he didn't sing," he laughs.

"So just a regular dude?"

"Exactly," he laughs.

"Oh whatever."

"You know I was also thinking..." He averts his gaze away from me towards the door.

I turn my head, following his gaze. My Kaitlyn walks through the door–a few minutes late as usual. Her curly hair is up in a beautiful bun. She's wearing a simple graphic hoodie with black denim jeans and high-top vans–her typical outfit style. A sluggish alternative look, but she's beautiful regardless.

"See I knew it!" Matt laughs.

I quickly look back at him. Damn.

"Guilty as charged," I smile, throwing my hands up.

"Well? Why don't you go talk to her? She seems down to earth. Besides, you keep asking about her. You should have enough information to hold a conversation by this point," he teases.

"Yeah yeah, I'm definitely not her type. Plus she has her boy toy in the back she strings along. No way I can cut in through that," I smirk.

Matt laughs, "Bro, no way! He is her boy toy. Henry, right? Yeah, he's definitely all over her, and she's either blind or doesn't care."

My love is the oblivious type–how adorable.

"Let's hope for the latter. Maybe she'll actually come to the party. I can really get to know her then–"

"That's not the Mike I know. Since when are you afraid of a challenge? Or better yet, going up to a girl?"

"Circumstances are different–"

The bell rings for first period classes. We both get up to head out.

"Circumstances my ass! Go talk to her or I'll push you into her," he jokes, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

I grab my bag and swing it over my shoulder.

"Alright I'll talk to her tomorrow. Just drop it already."

I start my way downstairs to my class.

"I'm holding you to it!" He calls out, continuing down the hall.

I smirk. Matt is too good at reading me. I thought I was being subtle, but if I'm being honest with myself, anyone could read me. I made it quite evident that I'm interested in her.

Now I have to plan how I will get her to come if she decides to write off the party.

// KikADot \\