Chapter Two

Chapter two is in Max's point of view.

2,545 words.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

After I left Ross to catch up on his much needed sleep, I headed into the living room. Honestly, seeing as work was about 95 percent of my life, I had no idea what to do with this free time. I could catch up on some anime, maybe watch some YouTube, even sleep! But what seemed to pop out the most in my head, was the prospect of mac n' cheese best eaten while watching anime.

I went through the steps of creating that perfect bowl of liquid gold. Boiling water to boil the pasta in, to which I drain the water when ready, add in the cheese mix, salt and butter. Then, I stir it together and eat. As long as it isn't going to burn me alive, that is.

I grabbed my bowl - a simple white bowl - and sat down on the couch, grabbing the remote to watch my glorious anime. Maybe I'll start on something new today.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Tim came home late, as was expected. I was forced to wake Ross up at noon so that he would be able to go to bed, which was hard seeing as he thought he could just sleep all day.

Tim entered the room to Ross and I sitting on the couch watching One Punch Man, for the gazillionth time. He looked at the screen, looked at us, looked at the screen again, and shook his head. Ross didn't seem to even notice him as he walked towards the kitchen and grabbed a bowl.

"So, Max. How was covering up to let Ross sleep?" I snorted in false humor.

"I told you, he was sick. S - I - C - K."

"No, he was running on fumes."

"Tim, I'm serious. He was seeing things and shit."

"Like I said, "running on fumes". It's not like I told Adam or anyone. I'm not a snitch."

At that, he gave me a smirk. I couldn't help but snort at him, throwing a small wad of paper at him.

"Shut up ya nerd."

He laughed and poured cereal into his bowl, the main dish of the home. I looked over to Ross who was smiling gently with his eyes fixed on the screen. Obviously he was trying to stay out of our conversation but still found it interesting. I smiled at his vain attempt and turned around so I was facing the television once more.

"If I were you guys, I'd head to bed. Adam wants us there a little early for a meeting."

Ross and I collectively groaned. We loved Adam, but man did this job sometimes get to be a bit much. But in work, Adam is not just our friend, but our boss. He made the offices what they are, and ultimately, we go to him. It's not like anyone protests against that, but sometimes I wish he was just a normal boss so I wouldn't care if he fired me or I yelled and said mean things.

Ross slowly leaned out of the couch and stood up. I followed much quicker and we headed to our respective rooms. (Of course, we had to turn off all lights and devices.)

I said my 'good night's and headed to my room. It was late, and I was tired. So I crashed into my bed, wrapped the blankets around me, and went to sleep.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I woke up with my alarm going off. It was a quiet, one note drone. It pissed me off, but it got me up better than anything else did.

I removed the blankets from my warm body allowing colder air to smack me. I shivered as my body kicked in burning my sugar to heat myself up. (That's right bitch. I was learnt at the schoolings.) I groaned as I worked myself out of my bed. Every morning was like climbing a mountain; it's hard to start it but easy to finish it. At least that's what my momma always told me.