Chapter Twelve

This chapter will be in Ross' point of view.

1,582 words.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

It has been a month since Max and I had... you-know-what. Our lives went about normally, and luckily there was no awkward stares or uncomfortable silences between the two of us. The only thing that had really changed is that we grew more comfortable being away from each other, because some part of us knew that we'd be back together soon.

I was currently walking to the mall with John and Micheal. They had wanted to go and see if we could find more Nerf guns. Although I had one more video to record, it was a solo video, so I didn't mind too much.

We entered the mall and the sounds and smells hit me like a rock. You could hear people talking throughout the entire building. Every once in a while you could hear someone laugh, a child scream, or a baby cry. The smells are hard to describe, as if every smell in the world decided to meet up here, and now.

We started heading towards the toy store, teenagers walking by with car keys and Starbucks. Kids were running around venues, laughing and screaming in excitement as their parents tried to calm them down. Old couples sat on the few provided benches watching as everyone followed their own paths. It was beautiful. A kind of hectic beautiful, to see all these different types of people living their lives and having fun.

We walked into the store, and the lady inside welcomed us. She left the counter and walked over to us, looking at us with a knowing smile.

"Nerf guns?" she said, almost sarcastically. John and Micheal smiled at her and nodded, and she laughed, walking to the back of the store where they were held. I shook my head, knowing how bad it was that she knew that's why we were here, and how the fact that we were grown men made it worse.

"How many ya lookin' for?" She had a slightly thick, southern accent.

"We need five more, and ammo." Micheal responded.

"Alrighty," she said walking back to the counter "glad ya said five 'cause that's what I got." She got on her tiptoes, gently laying the Nerf guns all over the counter top. She started scanning them, dropping everything into bags. Once she was done, John paid with the money Adam gave him, and Micheal and I grabbed the bags. I thanked her as we left.

"Have a good day! An' please don't shoot out anyone's eye!" she called after me. I laughed, promising we wouldn't as I took a few more steps and was no longer in earshot of the store.

We were soon out of the mall, no further interactions being made. Bags in hand, we walked back to the office. I was thinking of date ideas for Max, since we both had been swamped with work recently and we were being given the weekend off. I knew I wasn't going to be able to think of anything, as I usually struggle with those types of things. However, I did know one person who could help.

 ~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~ 

Ethan was sitting at his desk, creating a thumbnail for a Do Not Laugh video. I walked up to his desk, and he glanced up at me wit ha smile before looking back down at the computer screen. 

"I received your text." he said. I blushed, all of a sudden feeling nervous. He chuckled, looking away from his computer screen to look up at me.

"Alright, you have to tell me some things that Max likes."

"Like what?"

"Well, does he prefer loud or quiet places, for starters?"

"Oh, um, he prefers quieter places so that he can focus on me."

"OK, that's good." Ethan sat in thought. He looked back to me once he had an idea.

"What about taking him to a movie?"