Chapter 1The Sweet Smell of Flowers and Tear Gas (part 1)

"My lover's got humour;

He's the giggle at a funeral;"

Whole heartedly, she sang with a sly smirk while tapping the keys to a grand piano. The people gave stares that were rather disgust, humour and somewhat disrespect.

"Oy what's with the song?"

"Rude."

"We aren't in a funeral!"

"Would it hurt to sing another song lady?"

The people sat in their sits complaining and obviously not amused, they roared for answers, they wanted her to stop singing the song that which they seem to hate.

It was cold.

There was fog covering the windows, almost preventing any person to see what's neither inside nor outside. Whispers and small talks covered the room and gave it a different but rather odd atmosphere. Waiters and waitresses walks around the room to serve the customers going inside and taking their orders. It was an ordinary place, it was a bar, and it was fancy yet classy and simple. A lot of people visits the bar every night and very seldom on mornings. Business deals, dramatic customers ranting about their break-ups, silly boys that would get drunk, same as with girls and other kinds of stuff, the bar was simply a meat-up place for drunkards, business men and dramatic people.

And then there's you.

"Knows everybody's disapproval;

I should have worshiped him sooner;"

Without any doubt, she continued singing the song which seemed to annoy the people carefully listening to the lyrics of the song.

"~ah, why do people overreact in such things?"

"It's like they are afraid of the song itself."

"Before they could even complain, why can't they just listen to the song itself, wait for it to finish and finally learn the true meaning of the song."

"Get her out of there before I kick her out." The gossiping waitresses were cut-off by a smooth but rather intimidating voice.

"What? Why? What do you mean?" A girl stated, she was wearing a pencil skirt, white long sleeve polo with a bowtie and a vest. She was one of the waitresses that worked for the bar. Based from her appearance she was charming, among all the other waitresses, she was the most attractive one. Her naturally straight brown hair matches perfectly with her facial features, her navy blue eyes that shimmer every time she glares, she was rather stunning. The girl happened to be named, Juliette, her name matches her face very quite well.

"Don't ask me why! Obviously the customers are not feeling elated about her singing!" The intimidating voice was coming from their boss.

"What's wrong with her singing? I like her voice." Juliette replied.

"Nobody asked for your opinion Juliette, now get her down from the stage and bring her to me, I'll talk to her to settle this." Her boss ordered.

With a nod Juliette quickly walked up to the stage and headed straight to the girl who was singing and whispered to her ear, she gave a polite but casual nod and headed down to follow Juliette.

"What do you think you're doing?" her boss made a quick statement.

"Doing my job, what else?" she replied casually but politely, to think that she is talking to her boss so she might as well talk back in a good manner so she wouldn't lose her job as a musician, a very odd musician. Her monotone voice was rather amusing to hear, she has a splendid voice when it comes to talking and singing, but other than that, she was just simple, compared to Juliette, she was a commoner, plain and casual. Of course, how can she possibly win to a girl with such charm? Other than being plain, she was unique because she was just herself. She accepted the fact but she couldn't care less, it didn't even cross her mind. She was a girl with a set of goals, and that's what she puts her mind in, even though people say she is rather boring, she accepted it and didn't care.