Chapter 1: Accompany Me?

D E X T E R

Darling, my twin sister, walks to Cerise Hood. "Bye!" she said and waved her hand with a smile on her face before she left me. I waved back and smiled.

When I was about to turn around, I saw Raven. I can't help but smile at the thought of her. Just then, I heard a snap.

"Earth to Dexter?" I turned to see who it was. A dark-haired girl smiled at me and laughed. "Hi, Dex!"

Yikes. Did Raven Queen, THE Raven Queen saw me with such an awkward look on my face? "Uh...Hi?" I said as I fixed my glasses.

"Anyways, something important came up. I don't think you'll find this interesting but can you accompany me to Briar's party this friday? It's definitely fine if you don't want to. I mean, hello? I'm Raven Queen right?"

Wait, am I hearing things? Is Raven Queen asking me to accompany her to Briar's party this Friday? Should I be worried or hexcited?

"Well, I would love to be your partner, Raven!" I screamed, making her cover her ears. Oops. I'm really bad when it comes to girls. Ugh, I'm such a failure.

"Yay! Thanks a lot, Dexter! I'll be waiting for you in my dorm room!" she said before leaving. Oh my magical frog! Did I just accept Raven's invitation? Holy mother of beanstalks!

Once I stepped inside my dorm room, I immediately took my MirrorPhone and opened the app Humphrey Dumpty installed in my MirrorPhone. He said it's like a search engine, except much high quality? Eh, I don't even care. I pressed the letters H, O, and W, but before even pressing the space button on the keyboard, a pair of hands touched my shoulders, making me jump out of fright.

"Chill Dexter, it's just me!" Hunter said before taking off his shoes. "Didn't I tell you to stop scaring me, Hunter? It's getting on my nerves." I replied as I rolled my eyes. I began typing the words on my phone again before Hunter took it. Ugh, typical of Hunter.

"Let's see what Little Dexter's got in here... Oh my arrows! How to impress a girl when you're out on a date?! So, who's the unlucky girl?" Hunter teased before I groaned in frustration. "Can't you just quit it, Hunter? I'm just gonna accompany Raven Queen this Friday to Briar's party." I replied but immediately regretted saying that as Hunter's jaws drop.

"What the what?!"

"Oh my goodness, Dexter! You're taking Raven Queen to Briar's party?! That's dangerous, bro! You know who she is. Daughter of the Evil Queen, Dexter! Should I remind you again to stop hitting on girls you know will never be compatible with you?" Hunter said, making me totally insecure.

"Seriously Hunter? She's not that evil. I know you know that. You and Raven are best friends! How could you say she's dangerous?" I asked. It's kind of unusual for him to say those things about my Raven. I mean, Raven.

"Dexter Dexter Dexter. Did you forget that me and Raven are best friends? I have spent more time with her than you did. When we were young kids, she had tantrums because Cerise won't give her her own cloak. She literally almost set the Hoods' house on fire."

Wow, really? Didn't know Raven was THAT dangerous.

"Well, you better be ready Dexter. Raven doesn't easily fall for boys! Especially like you." Hunter said, trying to convince me. Honestly thinking that he's trying to convince me not to give Raven a chance. But the words Raven said were stuck in my mind. I can't just leave her waiting.

--

I was walking to Hocus Latte just in time to see Cupid. She's a love expert and a great friend. "Dexter! I'm so glad you're here!" Cupid said, smiling. "Cupid... HOW EXACTLY CAN I IMPRESS A GIRL?!" I screamed which made me embarrassed because people were staring at us now. "Oooh... Who's the really lucky girl Dexter?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows. Wait, Hunter also asked that question. Except he said unlucky. Talk about a nonsupportive friend.

"Well, she's... Raven Queen."

"WHAT THE HEX?!"