Chapter 2: Briar's Party

R A V E N

"You want me to ask Dexter if he can accompany me to Briar's party this Friday? What the hex, Daring?" I said as my eyebrows furrowed. Daring's got the beauty but he doesn't have the brains.

"It's simple, Raven. Just ask! It won't hurt. After all, you've been crushing on him since forever, amma right?" Daring said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"That's absurd! You know I only see him as a friend, Daring!" I yelled at his face. "Chill Raven. And besides, even if you deny it, we all know you've got an eye for my brother." Daring said before leaving me. Ugh, what the hex was that son of a witch thinking? 

I stared at Dexter's face as he waved goodbye to Darling. Well, I admit he's pretty cute though. I looked around to see if Daring's still visible, but unfortunately, he's not. I turned around to see Dexter a meter away from me, staring. I smiled and walked behind him. 

"Earth to Dexter?" I smiled and laughed when he turned his face. His eyes met mine and for a second, I actually find him hot. Okay Raven, what the hex?!

"Hi, Dex!" I said, trying to start the conversation. He replied with an awkward hi as he fixed his glasses. "Anyways, something important came up. I don't think you'll find this interesting but can you accompany me to Briar's party this Friday? It's definitely fine if you don't want to. I mean, hello? I'm Raven Queen right?" I said, sounding desperate. 

 "Well, I would love to be your partner, Raven!" Dexter screamed, making me cover my ears in fright. Dorky Dexter is at it again. 

"Yay! Thanks a lot, Dexter! I'll be waiting for you in my dorm room!" I said before leaving him starstruck. Am I really that evil for people to be intimidated by me? Ugh, I'm such a failure. I wish... If only I'm not my mother's own daughter. 

C U P I D

I sat down at the nearest table and started checking my emails. Loads of Royals and Rebels were chatting me and asking for pieces of advice. Tss, the disadvantages of being a matchmaker. 

Just then, a familiar face appeared in front of me. "Dexter! I'm so glad you're here!"

He hesitated for a while before spitting out the words, "Cupid...HOW EXACTLY CAN I IMPRESS A GIRL?!" 

Oh my fairy godmother, is he confessing his true feelings for me? 

"Ooh...Who's the really lucky girl Dexter?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows. I'm getting so hexcited, did he finally realize that I'm the girl for him?

"Well, she's... Raven Queen."

"WHAT THE HEX?!"

D E X T E R

I slightly covered my ears as Cupid shouted in my face. What the hex is wrong with her? 

"Uhm... What's wrong with that?" I asked, fixing my glasses. "Look, I know Raven Queen is dangerous and all, but you know me Cupid. I liked her ever since I laid my eyes on her. Can you at least pretend that you're happy for me?"

Cupid frowned at me, but smiled afterwards. Tss, this two faced witch.

"Fine, Dex. But don't act as if I didn't warn you." I rolled my eyes at her as she started typing stuff on her laptop.