Chapter 3: The New Huntlynn

R A V E N

"Hey Daring!" I said, following Daring around the halls. I don't care if I looked dumb following him around, but he's really getting in my nerves.

"What?!" He yelled at me as soon as I hit him with one of my books. "I asked Dexter out on a date! Now what?" I said. Daring never told me to ask him out on a date, but I needed something to at least lighten up the mood yesterday!

"It's not my fault you asked him out! That wasn't originally what I told you to do! Suck it up!" He yelled before disappearing in the halls.

Ugh, Daring has got to be one of the worst princes in this school. Ever.

My MirrorPhone lit up and I stared at the new hext message I received.

Dexter 💕
I'm here.

Ugh, I guess I'll just have to "suck it up." Thanks, Daring.

D E X T E R

I hext Raven as soon as I reached Maddie's tea shop. I found a table and  immediately sat down.

I was busy staring at my hext message to Raven that I didn't realize a certain someone sitting in front of me.

"Cupid? What the hex are you doing here?" I asked the person sitting in front of me. "Uhm... drinking?" Cupid replied as she sipped on her tea. "You do know I'm waiting for someone right?" I told her. Cupid could be so clueless sometimes.

"Oh really? I'm sorry!" Cupid said as she immediately removed her laptop off the table. I laughed at her, and immediately stopped the moment she glared at me. "Dex!" she yelled at me in an annoyed way. "Fine! I'll find another table!" She said before sitting down the table next to mine.

The moment she opened her laptop, she stuck her tongue out and made funny faces to annoy me. Tss, typical Cupid. This is why I love her so much.

Just then, the doors of Wonderland Haberdashery & Tea Shoppe opened, and I soon spotted a raven-haired girl making her way inside.

"Hey Dex!" she said, waving her hands as soon as she spotted me. Oh gort. Oh gort. Oh gort.

Am I actually having a date with the Raven Queen? Like, the Raven Queen?

She sat at the chair across mine, and smiled at me. "So, how's life?" Raven started. I awkwardly smiled at her. Yikes, embarrasing much?

"Well, uhm...Ah, eh, it's fine!" I yelled, making her flinch. "G-Great!" she awkwardly said, and the atmosphere suddenly became awkward as hell.

Oh gort. What have I done?

"So, uh... Raven..." I said, trying to spice up the conversation. I knew this date was a disaster. I should've listened to Hunter when he told me to decline the offer at the last minute. This is so awkward!

"What is it?" She said, smiling and batting her eyelashes. Wow, she looks so gorgeous. "Uhm, what would you want to order?" I asked, trying to sound casual. "Well, maybe just a hot drink and a slice of cake." Raven replied, distracting herself by staring at the floating teacups. "A hot drink and a slice of cake, it is!" I said, making my way to the counter.