Chapter 1

Universal Disclaimer: Everything belongs to its rightful owners. I only own my imagination and plot.

Un-betaed.

Interrobang-ish Mascot

Chapter 1

"I hope you understand the situation Gray." Makarov said, patting the mentioned male's shoulder.

"But why me Gramps, why not Gajeel or that Pinkie? Or better yet, why not a girl? I can bet they will be more than happy to do this." Gray complained, shooting horrified glances at the mask head of the costume of their school's mascot, a fairy, a tailed fairy to be precise.

"Pish-posh my child, do you honestly think I would've called you here if they would've agreed? And on top of that you aren't gonna play this year because of your injury, all the more reason for me to make this proposal to you. After all you already have an idea of what you are to do, ne?"

"Yes but Gramps! A fairy! Seriously? Everyone's gonna tease me about it to no ends!" Gray groaned once again, gesturing towards the scary as heck staring head.

"Well Erza did injure herself while saving you from drowning so it is only legit that you fulfill her role this year, don't you think?" Makarov asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Pulling his wild card he was sure that the raven will agree.

"Don't play dirty gramps! You can't guilt trip me into this."

"Oh but I can, and I am. Now, do you want poor Erza to come all the way here on her wheelchair just because you don't want to be seen in that costume, causing her a lot of discomfort or are you gonna be a good boy and just get your ass in there?"

Gray looked at the creepy-as-hell head. He sighed, extending his hands and picking it up but keeping it at a distance as if it was an abomination.

"Good boy, now shoo! I have some important work to do."

With that Gray took his leave. He had already hid the horrible thing in a big bag so no one will see it and tease him. Especially not that Pinkie brat, or he's never gonna let him live it down.

He limped over lightly to locker room and stuffed the horrible thing inside. He slammed the locker's door shut but it rebounded and hit him in the face with the same force he had applied, that is, enough to bruise his poor cheek.

"Aw fuck!" he cursed loudly in the empty hallways. This hideous thing was already bringing him bad luck.

He glared at the head poking out lightly from the bag before trying to push it inside again. He tried closing the panel but it just wasn't locking. He punched the little fucker only to end up with a red fist.

"Owowowowowowow! You ghastly ghoul!"

While Gray was busy cursing the horrendous thing he failed to notice someone heading towards him.

"Hey Grayie-poops! Watcha doing? It looks like fun!" Loke, the sissy diva, bounded up to him and accidentally tackled him down.

Because of that the costume fell out of the locker and on top of the strawberry blonde.

"Wah! What the-! What is this doing with you Gray?!"

Gray groaned in despair. The cat was out of the bag, why bother catching it anymore?

"Am gonna be the mascot this year."

Loke owlishly blinked at the other. He picked up the head and stared at it long enough to get dizzy. As if on auto-pilot, he went over to his bestie and placed the head over the other's head.