Chapter 3

Un-betaed!

Chapter 3

"Good, kid you are doing well. If you keep going at this pace then you are definitely gonna soar tomorrow." Laxus complimented the other, handing him a water bottle.

Gulping down the much needed liquid, Gray sighed before sprawling down on the polished floor.

"My foot's killing me." He groaned, motioning towards his already injured foot that was now starting to swell a little bit.

Before Laxus could say anything, a certain someone beat him to it.

"You are doing better than I expected you to brat so, well done. And about your foot," Gildarts said before turning to face Laxus, "take him to the nurse's room and get something to numb the pain at least for tomorrow then you can have full bed rest for whatever time is needed."

Gray suddenly lighted up at that. "That means no homework?"

"Yes, no homework."

Gray's cheers could be heard down the halls of the school building making the early-bird students slightly scared.

"What was that?" Student 1 questioned only getting some shrugs in reply.

"Maybe a bird who got a toothbrush stuck down its throat while brushing..?"

"But birds don't have teeth!"

"Maybe this one did."

"Yeah...maybe."

And they continued on with their work.

In the gymnasium, Gray was already training, hard. He was really hoping to get the long no-homework-included off.

"Relax your body, you look like a fucking robot."

"Okay..."

"Keep your head high."

"Yeah..."

"Don't be so relaxed! You appear like a slouchy sloth!"

"Got it."

"AIISSHH! Don't put all what we have down the drain just because of your posture. Are you tired? Take a break if you want but please don't be careless otherwise that old man will be skinning me alive along you."

Gray plopped down on a cushion that came out of nowhere.

Suddenly the bell rang.

"Freedom!" Laxus screeched, running away.

Gray looked at his retreating figure. He never knew the blonde was suffering so much to...never mind. But that squeal was really unexpected.

Thinking that, Gray got up and hobbled his way out to the lockers.

Next Day...

The bleachers were filled with students from both Fairy Tail High and Raven Tail High. Both the teams were still in their locker rooms, getting ready for the match.

In the locker room for FT High, a certain fairy headed mascot was sitting with its full costume secured. Gray had never felt so claustrophobic in all his life. All the team members were changing into their playing clothes, paying no heed to the figure huddled in the corner. Well that was what Gray thought.

Suddenly all the guys turned their attention to him.

"So who do you think is in there this year?" Sting questioned to nobody in particular.