4

Bright blue eyes roamed across the room. The young girls tight grip on her mothers hand never once loosening.

"You'll be fine. Just make some friends." a warm smile with blinding teeth is flashed towards the child. Hesitantly, the grip on her hand gets looser until she finally lets go.

"I'll see you later baby." the mothers lips grace across her childs forehead so lightly, the girl wondered if she'd even made skin contact. She watched as her mother left the room, her heels clicking loudly behind her to let everyone know she was leaving.

She talked to a few children during the day. A girl with dull green eyes and bright orange hair, the two played a game to see how many things they could hide in her big, frizzy hair. Next a boy with matted down black hair, when he smiled you could see a few small chunks of crayon. Finally, a small brunette that spoke with an accent she barely understood, but nethertheless she still laughed at every sentence he spoke.

The 4 year old girl's bright blue eyes never stopped watching the door. They would occasionally dart across the room midway through the conversations she held with other children.

She watched the door as other children left with happy eyes, spilling stories to their parents about their day.

She watched the door as the small brunette boy waved goodbye to her and telling her he couldn't wait to see her again tomorrow.

She watched the door as the room fell silent, not a single person in the room.

She watched the door as her teacher, Miss Roberts, sat next to her and gave a smile. Promising that her mother would be here soon.

She watched the door as men with black hats and bright yellow jackets walking in and spoke to her teacher.

Bright blue eyes watched the door with tear filled eyes as the men with black hats and bright yellow jackets told her that her mother wasn't going to be picking her up.