24

Bright blue eyes looked at her reflection in the mirror. A smile gracing her face as she noticed the white material flowing around her and the little diamonds that were dotted around the front of the dress.

Today was the day she had been waiting for her entire life. Every little detail plantd inside her head for at least 20 years. Conversations held with her small blonde best friend about their dream weddings replayed over and over in her mind like a movie.

The door opened to reveal those same blue eyes that haunted her dreams every night.

Today his eyes weren't shining bright, and his smile didn't create a small dimple in his left cheek.

"Are you ready?"

She nodded in response and the two best friends linked arms as she prepared to walk down the aisle and marry her soon-to-be husband. First the flower girls, then the bridesmaids and finally it was their turn to walk down the carpet.

The man standing at the altar grinned from ear to ear. She couldn't help but notice that he didn't get the dimple on his left cheek, and the man's eyes didn't crinkle like his did.

The Vicar ran through his speech and welcomed everyone to his church.  He then asked the question;

"If anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

The 24 year old womans bright blue eyes flashed to her blonde best friend as he confidently stood up and spoke words that made the whole room gasp in shock.

"I Do."