16

Bright blue eyes watched as the dark red blood poured out of her wrist. The young girls grip on the metal blade softening as she felt herself lose conscience.

Her eyes flickered open and her heart ached at the sight of her once small, blonde friend sitting next to her hospital bed fast asleep. Red rings circled his eyes, and his cheeks were puffed out indicating he'd been crying.

He held her hand tightly, almost cutting off the blood supply to her hand, as if he were afraid she would disappear.

The day passed in a blur. The only thing she could see clearly was the face of her best friend, constantly watching her with a slight smile to reassure her that it would eventually be alright. Her foster mother hovered around the room, continuously asking if she needed anything. It annoyed her a hell of a lot, but she couldn't deny how nice it felt having people care about her.

The 16 year old girls bright blue eyes shone with happiness as she got the call from her blonde best friend announcing that his audition went well. When he came back from Dublin, there was a big party at his house full of people from school that she didn't know, and she doubted he knew them either.

She watched as her blonde best friend ignored her presence and manouvred around the room talking to people as if they were his best friends.

She watched as her blonde best friend sang his heart out weekly through her tv screen.

She watched as her blonde best friend made new best friends that were much better than her.

Bright blue eyes watched as her blonde best friend slowly slipped away from her.