Do You Dare to Bachata? Part I [Unedited]

INSPIRED BY THE BACHATA VIDEO IN THE SIDE => => => => => 

WATCH IT AND ENJOY => => => => => 

~*~

After taking a long gulp of water to replenish my body, I head back onto the dance floor. It's Prom Night and everybody from our year is here. Well, almost everybody. Truthfully? I didn't want to come to Prom, unfortunately my mum thinks that it's a must. Just because I paid the deposit, doesn't means I actually have to pay full and come. 

My friends: Nelly, Danielle and Aisha were the only ones here with me; all my other friends decided against prom and planned a movie night, watching The Purge. A horror-thriller film where for one night of the year, crimes are legal, those who don't want to participate would have to put their security on. But the thing is, one of the kids turned of the security momentary to let a guy in and soon, all hell breaks lose. Damn, I wanted to watch that film, but I'm stuck here. At prom. 

"What took you so long?" Nelly asked, swaying to International Love, Pitbull. 

"I needed a drink." I replied; for some reasons, I feel the urges to dance. Now I don't mean the type of dancing displayed on the dance floor right now; the usual bump and grind and jumping up and down like a madman to the beats, I'm talking about dance, dance. Like Salsa. Although I have no intention to salsa, especially to this crowd – imagine the looks I would get if I suddenly break out salsa; bachata seems to scream out at me.

However I don't have courage to do so. Okay, what's a good excuse to put my dance lessons to good use? My mind tinkered away, trying to figure out a good explanation why I would suddenly take over the dance floor and actually 'dance'?

Just at that moment, Aisha weaves through the crowd and appears beside us, "I swear, all everybody here knows what to do is bump and grind." She complains. "Doesn't anyone here know how to dance?"

That's it! I got it! Thank you Aisha. Instantly I turn to her with a smile on my face. Maybe, there’s a little too much of excitement on my face. "Dare me." 

"Huh?" Aisha frowns.

"I said, dare me." She and Nelly stare at me with disbelief. "Dare me to dance, I'll do it.” I elaborate. 

"A-Are you serious?" Now it was Nelly's turn to frown.

"Come on, don't think I know a few moves?"

The disbelief that was on Aisha's face was instantly replace with a mischievous smirk. "Okay. If I dare you," she glances around the dance floor. "You have to dance with someone, I'll pick who and it's going to be recorded and posted on YouTube."

Oh crap. I knew Aisha would be up to something. "Okay... Who?" Bachata can be simple when it wants to be, but you need to know a few moves. It is a sensual dance after all. Lets just hope whomever she picks, he knows how to dance. Heck, lets just hope my Charles, my dance teacher, doesn't sees it and criticize it. 

Aisha's eye is still scanning across the dance floor. "Go to the DJ and make a song request, I’ll tell you who when you get back." She shoos me away. 

Skeptically, I leave Aisha to pick my partner for this little fiasco and Nelly to ponder what's just happened. The closer I got to the DJ, the louder the music. Tonight, the one running this gig is DJ Derek. 

"Derek!" I yell over the music, luckily he heard me and took of his headphones, resting them on his neck. 

"Wassup? Got a request?"