Do You Dare to Bachata? Part III [Unedited]

• Dedicated to Priya

I DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO PRIYA, MI AMGIA WHO HELPED ME WITH THE... FLOW OF THIS STORY IN A SENSE >.< 

I waltz around Maddox, like I would if I'm in a museum: slowly, pacing to a certain beat; eyes wondering everywhere making sure nothing escapes my sight, that I see every detail this exquisite artifact has to offer. He wore a suit, like any other guys present at prom but on him. It feels like a different topic. I can't see him the same way I use to, not since I first laid my eyes on him tonight; any idea I ever had about our rekindling friendship were canon out of the tallest building in the world, landing in the abyss. There’s something in the air tonight that kindle just seems to burn, the atmosphere is tittering on intensity and pressure, something that makes me see Maddox in a whole new light. His exotic, caramel skin looks tantalizing enough to nip at; eyes fill to the brim tempting me to melt underneath his gaze; just a touch from his fingertips can ignite the lost spark within, making me lose sense of everything I know. 

My fingers remain in contact with him, trailing against his body lightly; he watches me with half-hooded eyes. An old habit of mine, whenever I would walk down a corridor or a street, if I’m near the walls, I would let my fingers brush against it. Returning back to facing him, taking his hands I lead them to where I need them to be: one on my shoulder, the other place on my stomach, right beneath her piercing. 

Mira como estoy sufriendo

[Looks like I'm suffering]

Rhythm’s picking up, pulsing with the beat we move with it; timing each strum of the guitar and beat of the bass I mold my body against his. I barely register the lights that surround the room has flicker into lasers, slashing across us; he slides his hand down slyly and intertwines with my hand, I clasp it, giving him a small squeeze. I let out a gasp, a shiver ripple through the moment he kiss my shoulder. 

Me quemo por dentro

[I burn inside]

My mind goes blank, reeling in the sensation of his soft and lustrous lips that’s leaving a trail of torturous caresses down; drowning in the ripples, my eyes flutter shut. It reminds me of Hawk and Adrienne from Beyond the Highland Mist, written by one of my favorite authors: Karen Marie Moning. Hawk was explaining how he trained falcons: first taking away their sight, making them relies on all their other senses, one in particular, touch. As Hawk said, a touch never lies.

I can understand how the falcon feels, the urge to just trust in the soft and gentle strokes of his fingers against my feathers, hypnotic and soothing sound of his voice.

Por sentir tu amor

[To feel your love]

Por sentir tu amor 

Balancing on the tips of my feet, I spin out of his arms only to return. My hand resting against the side of his face, sliding to the nape of his neck as we go back to moving our feet. His hands run down my body till it rests against my hips, gently nudging me to the sways while his lips continue with his dangerous game of searing into her mind. The song was drown out by the whistles and cheers; Ethan has his arms wrap around a girl with a glint in his eyes, he winks at them; Dale, Levana, Nelly, Aisha and Danielle were also part of the crowd that push them. 

At the finale, Maddox dips me, inciting applause from the entire room; I close my eyes as I let the atmosphere sink in, he pulls me back up gently. Both of us had this big smile of achievement plaster on our faces as we try to catch our breath. 

“Wow,” my voice croaks, feeling dehydrate, “I have to say Maddox, I didn't know you had in you.” 

“You never asked,” he teases, resting his forehead on mine, “You are an amazing dancer.”