Do You Dare to Bachata? Part IV.I [Unedited]

22nd December 201X

Summer immediately shut down her computer after messaging Peyton her boring holiday plans; her mother was God knows where, leaving her home alone for most part of the time. Chances of her even coming back for Christmas or even Boxing Day is next to none; she doesn't even hope for a ‘celebration’ this year or presents, truthfully, she hadn’t even thought about celebrating Christmas since she was ten; her eyes gazed off to the distance, oblivious to everything, her head tilted to one side. 

Dressed in a baggy jumper that's clearly two sizes too big and Gilly Hick’s stripped sweatpants, she ruffed her randomly highlighted mousey brown hair, getting rid of the tangles only to make her bed hair look like s*x hair. Cursing under her breath she exited the safety of her warm bedroom and goes downstairs, her skin instantly prickle at the sudden temperature drop; she disliked the cold, to the bitter core. Summer always hated how she had to wear layers and layers of clothes that pile up the washing; puffy jackets and coats that looked ridiculously big, making her look like a puffball and how the chill affects her skin, making it dry. Nightshade, her midnight-black Saarloos, hopped from the bed, using his snout he nudged her door wider and followed her down the stairs.

Silence. The entire house was humming with it, however Summer didn't seemed to mind. Her feet danced over the cold tiles, hopping with one foot from another till she reached the remote on the coffee table and quickly turned the heater on. Soon the huge chunk of machine on the wall whirred, chasing away the icy air; she sat down on the leather couch, cold momentary before Nightshade slipped behind her and warmed her up.

Nightshade was the only other thing living in this house, the only thing that didn't make her feel so alone. Truthfully, he was like Lassie in everyway: one day coming out of her high school she found him sitting outside waiting for her, creating such a scene that the teachers actually called the Police and Animal Control. It took a while for the teacher to calm down with a little persuasion; even though she tied Nightshade to a pole and put him into a cage, he still managed to find a way out and be there, 3:20 sharp, waiting for her.

 Stroking near the scruff, she listened to the silence, eerie high pitched frequency ringed through her ears almost overwhelming her, she remembered an old friend saying how scary it sounded in a big house when you're alone but to her, it's normal. That eerie silence had become apart of her.

Pushing herself off the sofa she tiptoed her way the kitchen; scavenging for Nightshade’s brunch, she looked through the cupboard, only to find one can of dog food left. She let out a big sigh, “Looks like I'm going to have to go out soon Nightshade…” her eyes met his, he let out a small whine as if to say ‘Sorry.’ She ruffled his head; taking the last tin of dog food, she pulled out his bowl, relieved it of its cap and emptied it out.

 Nightshade ravaged the bowl and within minutes, the chuck of meats were gone and he was just licking the remains like she would with a wooden spoon covered in chocolate; it brought a smile to her face. She went back to the couch and slumped down, lying on it; out through the window, the trees bend and swayed to the strong gale, dotted with droplets of condensation, Summer watched them drip down.

“Another day in the trenches, eh Nightshade?” he grumbled, giving her a snort before hopping onto the couch and resting his head on her stomach.

“I wish I could disappear.” She murmured; his head instant shot up, producing an angry growl, asking: ‘Who do you need me to bite?’ she patted his head back down, “There’s no blood need to be shed, Nightshade, you need to rein in that wolfish side of yours. If animal control catches you again…” he huffed, pumping out his chest to make himself look larger and meaner than he already his. Arrogant wolf. He thinks he's all that, just because he's a Saarloos...

Rising from the couch, she reached for the remote from the stand and switched the telly on. Mutters of the program echoed throughout the room, removing the silence almost immediately. "Come on Nightshade, need to stock up on more food."

***

Running down the stairs in a cotton jumper underneath a blue plaid shirt and straight navy denim she grabbed the keys from the hook and her jacket; Nightshade scratched at the door, tail wagging like crazy. She smiled, "No Nightshade, you're staying and guarding the house." Summer grabbed him by the scuff and hulled the 120lbs black puffball back. He protested with whines and low barks. Whenever he starts to protest, it would have often resulted in her tying him to the wall drop he doesn't escape.

A small chuckle escaped her lips; a cold burst of wind ran pass her as she unlatched the door open. Her body shivered but her clothes stood strong; standing outside with the door closed and locked behind her, her eyes glance up to the sky. Murky as muddy water when using watercolor, no sign of letting the sun shine through for even a moment: another ordinary London Winter. There were times were she would just, pray, though she belonged to no religion, she still sent prayers every now and then, whenever her head was on the verge of collapse and her sanity worn thin; whisperings those small little notes to the sky gave her some relief despite knowing that nothing ever happens.

For some reasons, her mind trailed back to the past, a long and almost forgotten past of hers. The reason behind her name. Her mother and father was a dynamic duo. They were inseparable and so much in love, the happiness and joy grew even more when her mother told her father the news: her pregnancy with Summer. Summer Aine Lorris was born on the Summer Solstice, 16 years ago, under the gaze of the sun. Her mother thought, since it was on the day of the Summer Solstice, there's no name more perfect than Summer. Those were times of happiness.

Suddenly realizing the time, she snapped out of her daze and trudged against the blistering cold and towards the town.

~*~

Nightshade slumped down on the couch, thankful that Summer had just turned the heating down a tad - after all, he's adapted to the Arctic. The brunch had filled his belly but not to the requirement, he needed more, he didn't want Summer to go out; he's kind had survived on less but nevertheless that wasn't s worried him.

 Something in the air hummed with static, almost waiting to whip a crackle across the sky, it sent his fur standing on ends, pushing his senses into overdrive. It made him sharp and acute to everything; the soft leather underneath him, slowly absorbing his body heat and radiating it back with a gentle flow; the quiet buzzing of the television, the humans there wondered back and forth talking on and on, he could even smell Summer's late night snack.

Groaning at the annoyance of being stuck at home he dropped his head down and slowly dozed off, waiting for his girl to come home.

***

"In a very concerning news, there's been a change in the direction of the snowstorm that was predicted to hit Scotland and most parts of Northern England. Now meteorologists are sending out a warning to the people in London find shelter nearby or to go home as soon as possible and keep warm. Temperatures are predicted to drop to -10 within 2 to 3 hours; this big freeze is heading for towards Central London and for those in the North West and East Ends. In addition, they say that it's going to last for a few days so the best advise is to stock up on water, food, candles and warm clothing to get though. This will be the last broadcast till the storm blows over."

========================

Hello everybody~!

Here's another update to 'Do You Dare to Bachata?'

This is what happened during those 'two weeks' 

Hope you like it,