Part 1 - Comments

Dan's POV
Today was like most of my days. A usual stay at home one, although today it was just me in the apartment because Phil had to run errands. As usual I stayed in my pyjamas all day, edited and uploaded a video, ate way too many malteasers but hey, that's the life of a YouTuber, right? It was around 8pm and my video had been up for a couple of hours, I decided to read some of the comments which was my favourite part of the day as they always seemed to make me smile and never failed to make me laugh... Until today. On my newest video my comments were different, there we so many like
'Please say it's the shirt that's making him look fat'
'I've never seen this guy before but he's such a fat ass hahaha'
'I think it's time to hit the gym Dan...'
'Oh my gosh he's getting fat'
'Dan I love you but you're getting kinda chunky'
'like if you agree Dan's getting kinda fat lol' seeing that comment alone have over 100 likes and the video hadn't been up for long made my heart shatter into 1000 tiny pieces. I've never really thought of myself as fat. I mean I know I'm not exactly skinniest person in the world but I never really thought I was fat either. I never saw the little bit of fat on my stomach a problem before, I was pretty sure everyone had that while sitting down, I mean I know Phil had it and he's not fat. It wasn't there when I got up so I thought it was normal... Was it? I never exactly thought of my weight as a really big problem until I saw comments pointing it out. I'll admit that these were only a couple out of thousands, the majority of the comments were love towards me and the coupe of 'gay' comments here and there which never really bothered me. Most of my fans leave nice comments on our videos and I used to love reading them but the negative ones always stick out the most, I'm guessing that's for everyone though. To me it always looks like they're enlarged, bolded and highlighted on my screen, it's almost like I couldn't get away from them. I even keyword searched the word 'fat' to really see what people were saying. It had been 4 hours and there was 253 comments calling me fat. I looked down at myself, I really was fat, wasn't I? I really had let myself go, haven't I? How did I let myself go this far? This was it, this has to be my motivation to do something. I need to start a diet and I need to start exercising. Maybe if I do some exercise before I go to bed, it'll help. The gym was 100% out of the question. I could never go to the gym, I don't want the people at the gym, the actual fit people to laugh at me. The mirrors on every wall will taunt me and will make all my imperfections stand out more when I'm running on the treadmill and using the other equipment. This was it, I'm starting right now. I'm going to get fit and eat healthy, no more junk food I had to stick to healthy snacks and meals. Starting today we can say goodbye to all the fat on my stomach! I don't want to be fat anymore.