Part 12- doctors (final part)

Dan's POV
today was the day I've been dreading since I decided to stop eating. I knew I was fat even if Phil somehow didn't see it. That's all I can see it how my thighs are fat, wobbly and disgusting, how my stomach sticks out like a sore thumb and you can see the outline of it in all my clothes, I hate how my fans see me as fat, how I see myself as fat. I was dreading the doctors, I couldn't sleep at all last night, I was just too worried to sleep. I woke up at 10am, showered, put a baggy top on to try to make myself look thinner even though I knew it was basically impossible by this point and put on my usual black skinny jeans. That's when I realised how loose my jeans actually were around my waist, I remembered a time when the baggy top I was wearing fit me perfectly and I never realised how much my collar bones stuck out until today. I shook these thoughts out of my head and the dreadful thoughts of today and the doctors quickly rushed back. I went into the living room and Phil gave me a big hug before I could even tell him that I was leaving.
"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" He asked with a smile on his face, we were both ignoring the fact that I was terrified and if I'm honest he looked quite terrified himself. I guess he didn't want a doctor telling his boyfriend he was fat.
"No, I'll be fine, Phil thanks for asking anyway" I told him. I couldn't have Phil with me, Phil couldn't see me break down the way I'm going to.

Phil's POV
Dan dragged his feet along the hallway and left the house for the doctors and I was terrified for him, and so was Dan. I went to Starbucks, got a coffee and went back home to wait for Dan. I ended up just walking around the house in circles, I couldn't just sit around and wait for him. The nerves got the best of me I guess. I felt just as nervous as Dan and if I'm honest I don't know why. I felt like I couldn't sit still, I can't let anything happen to my Danny. I'd be lost without him. I sat around scrolling through tumblr, Twitter trying to forget where Dan was. I needed to take my mind off things. I just couldn't accept the fact that I let him get away with it for so long. It was all my fault. After around an hour to an hour and a half Dan finally came home. His eyes were red and puffy, he had obviously been crying. He dragged his feet into the living room then slumped himself on the sofa, it was obvious that the doctors didn't go well. I didn't need to say anything, I gave him a but hug and to no ones surprise tears started falling from his eyes wetting my shirt almost instantly.
"Dan, come on Dan, it's okay, please don't cry" I tell him not releasing our hug
"I'm so sorry"
"What are you sorry for? There's nothing to be sorry about"
"I love you"
"I love you too".  We both sat down and he told me everything that happened. I was right, he was anorexic. He was referred to a dietitian and has to go to therapy to help with his condition. I was happy he's getting his life back on track, today for the first time in months he's actually agreed to eat something. This is it, this really was Dan's road to recovery and I couldn't be more proud of him.

And that's it! I hope you like my story and I'm sorry it's only short, I thought it'd be better that way because it leaves it open for maybe a second book at some point, who knows. Thank you for reading my story and a big thank you for voting if you did.