Chapter 24

A/N: I seriously appreciate you guys more than you know! I'm certain I would've lost creative inspiration a long time ago if it weren't for y'all keeping me motivated with your sweet words and votes. Thank you for reading along with the rollercoaster I've created! Also, I love writing long chapters, so without further ado, I hope you enjoy this one :) NC17 rating applies... Xo

***

I had my meeting with the literary agent a few days later, and it had gone extremely well. She was as nice as I'd heard she was and I left feeling fulfilled. She wanted me to send her a few more pieces then we'd talk logistics from there. I told her I ultimately wanted to write a novel, but she'd said the market for short stories was stronger and she was fairly certain she could get me published in less than a year. I owed Jamie for getting me such an incredible, life-changing opportunity. I didn't plan on wasting it.

His daughter ended up spending most of the trip at our house. He took us all over London to sightsee since my last visit to the city was a bust. We went someplace different each day, and I made it a point to capture as many pictures of the three of us together as possible.

We saw Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, and Buckingham Palace. We took a ride in the London Eye and walked across Tower Bridge, hand-in-hand. His daughter wasn't too fond of the British Museum and got restless rather quickly, therefore we decided against a show in Piccadilly and instead he took us shopping on Oxford Street to rid her of her excess energy.

Leo was a saint; he met us after our spree to collect the bags and take them to the house so we could continue our walking tour. It was mild out for October, but the crispness in the breeze was more pleasing than distracting. Luckily for us, the rain held off and the sun halfway showed her face. I took in all the colorful people and buildings we passed. The sounds of strangers laughing and musicians performing in the streets made me smile. It reminded me of why I loved living in New York; there was always something going on, never allowing its residents to feel bored or alone.

For the most part we'd managed to escape the paparazzi. There were too many people in some of the locations that we blended right in. Jamie wasn't a flashy person, which made it easier for him to look like an average Joe, and nobody knew me from Adam, therefore maintaining a level of anonymity was simple. There were a few fans that recognized him, though. A couple of times when his daughter was singing loudly or trying to get our attention she'd also attracted theirs. But it wasn't a major issue. He stopped to shake their hand, sign an autograph or snap a photo. We enjoyed the rest of our uninterrupted time.

Since we were leaving for Belfast in a couple of days, today was the last day in London with his daughter. Jamie wanted to make sure she could spend time with her mom before we stole her again for a mock Thanksgiving with his family. I wasn't sure how keen his ex-wife was on the idea, but he made it sound like it was no big deal.

His heavy sigh broke my train of thought.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

We were walking to dinner and he was pushing the stroller since his daughter had begged me to carry her. I tightened my grip on her small frame when I saw the men with cameras ahead of us.

"Here, I can take her," he said, outstretching his arms.