Chapter 34

A/N: Been thinking about this one for a while. I wanted it to be special since Kelsey's was ;) I'm sorry for the delay in updating, I did my best to make this a memorable one, so it took some time. Thank you for your patience, for being avid readers, and for all your votes/comments. Enjoy, and another NC17 last half... Xo

***

The months were rolling by as we began to confirm wedding plans. Since we'd decided to get married on our property at the lake in Ohio, we didn't have to worry about scouting locations for the ceremony and reception. We'd have a small gathering of our closest loved ones and dance the night away under the summer stars. Time was flying, and even though it was going to be an intimate wedding, I still felt like I had a hundred things left to confirm. I couldn't believe it was practically May. However, I was ecstatic to finally reveal Jamie's birthday surprise to him. I'd been holding onto it for weeks, and as it grew closer it became harder not to slip up.

"Hey, babe," I said to catch his attention.

He was staring intently at his computer. He'd been reading over a few new scripts his agent had sent him to see if he was interested in auditioning. He looked past the screen and raised his eyebrows at me.

"Don't forget we promised Victoria we'd pick her up at the airport. We have to be there in like an hour."

"Shit, that's today isn't it?" he asked.

He'd forgotten. My heartbeat quickened at the fear he was going to ruin my plans. "Yep. We need to go soon."

"Baby," he sighed, closing his eyes briefly. "I'm sorry. Do you mind going alone? I really want to get through this one so I don't have to work tomorrow on my birthday."

He was going to ruin my plans.

"Please?" I begged. He stared at me, his internal battle showing in his expression. "I hate navigating JFK and you know I get anxious in traffic. Plus I'd like to catch up with my best friend without being distracted by the road."

He nodded. "Okay, let me finish this page and we'll go."

I took a deep, leveling breath that I'd got him back on board. "I love you, I love you, I love you. Thank you!"

His smirk made me smile. "You've got me wrapped. I love you, too."

I stood from the couch to grab my purse and send a quick text. I needed to calm my nerves so that he didn't catch on. He could read me like an open book and I wanted him to be as surprised as possible.

***

Jamie pulled up in front of the terminal. The whole ride there I thought of excuses to tell him to get him to go inside with me. I scrambled through the arrivals on the airport's website to find a delayed flight. Surely that would be convincing enough.

"I'll wait here," he said, startling me from my phone.

"Shit," I began my charade.

"What's wrong?"

"Her flight's delayed." I frowned as he kept his gaze on mine. I turned the screen toward him so he could see the information. "It's only thirty minutes."

"What was she doing in Seattle?" he asked.

My always-inquisitive Irishman. "Visiting her cousin and their new baby," I fibbed.

He nodded, reading my expression. I looked away; worried he'd see right through me, and clicked off my phone.

"Just park, we'll go inside and grab a coffee," I said.