7 | drunk

"Let's go, Newt!" you excitedly said, practically dragging Newt outside to the bonfire.

"Wait, (y/n)!"

His words were deaf to your ears as you pulled on his arm, and only let go when you arrived at the bonfire. You sat on the grass.

"Care for some grape juice?" asked Thomas, offering you a suspicious looking drink.

"Well, sure.. I guess." you reluctantly took a glass and offered it to Newt, who shook his head and gave you a smile.

"Go ahead and enjoy yourself (y/n). At least it's not wine."

You simply took his word and downed the whole glass, unaware that the so called 'grape juice' was indeed wine. Apparently, wine was called grape juice by Thomas, as he was planning something.

"Newt, why the shuck am I feeling this way?"

"What way (y/n)?" he looked at you and gave you a curious look.

"Must be a side effect of running here too fast. Never mind then Newt." you smiled at him.

And there was silence.

"Newt, do you love me?" you said without thinking and that broke the silence.

"Excuse me, (y/n)?"

"Hey? Do you?" you asked once more. Newt got close to you, and gave an unnoticeable sniff.

"You're drunk, aren't you (y/n)?" he sighed after testing you.

"I don't know. Am I?" you mumbled quietly.

You didn't get an answer before you felt yourself being lifted by him, and automatically wrapped your arms around his neck. You were unaware that Newt was slightly blushing, and just held onto him until you had reached your room. He gently settled you on your hammock, cleaning your face up with a wet towel and drying it.

"You never answered my question Newt." you mumbled once more, near to falling asleep.

"Because I love you so much, Newt." you said quietly, but enough so that he could hear you.

You could make out a faint blush on his cheeks, as he came closer to your bed.

"I love you too, (y/n)." he replied before kissing your forehead.

"I'm glad you do, Newt." you suddenly fell asleep.

Newt smiled at your figure, gently stroking your hair out of your face.

"Goodnight, love."

A/N: I think I can't update anymore because I am so busy with my shucking projects. I can still write imagines but can't update them. So sorry.

Anyways, thank you for reading this! 😘

~ Shanley