chapter 2

•martina's pov•

I look over at her uhm..pumped up stomach then clear my throat "Alba, what are you doing coming to work with-" I look over at her then point at her stomach and complete, "this?"
"I'm used to working while being pregnant and it wouldn't really matter anyways." She answers. Just as I was gonna talk back I heard that "voice". The voice I'm trying my best to avoid. A baby crying. I guess Alba noticed how that made me annoyed cause she quickly added "that's my little baby, Marie".
I look over at her with a shocked expression, "you have another one?!" I ask terrified. Then, she smiles proudly "yes, and I have a husband and everything". I think I'm getting a heart attack.

•alba's pov•

Wow Tini is really angry. I have to admit it's actually funny but I'm kinda scared if I be honest..
"You're married?!" She asks. "Yes" I smile. "He will hurt you!" She points out. "No he won't Tini, he's very sweet" I point out. "No he's not! He's an idiot!" She starts coming closer to me while I back away slowly and suddenly find my back on the wall. "Actually-" before I could finish my sentence, "he's an idiot" she repeats. I am so scared to disagree so "he's an idiot" I pretend to be on her side. "He is a jerk, and a complete idiot" she says. "Indeed he is, ma'am" I look frightened. "He will take that little heart of yours" she points at my chest several times "and rip it in pieces" her face is so close to mine, I could smell her breath. I nod my head to show her I'm interested, but I'm not just to be clear. "You'll live in pain, Alba" she adds. "Yes, yes indeed" I say hoping this is the end of our conversation.
Just then, everyone starts entering the meeting room and i give a sigh of relieve. Now that Tini is inside, I could have a minute with Marie. I look at my slightly smiling little girl. "Mommy will be gone for a short half and hour, would you be a good girl?" She lets out a giggle and I could sense the evilness in it. I slightly laugh and hand her my phone. "you can play with it till I'm done with my meeting". I then go in the room and we start our meeting,

•martina's pov•

We're having a meeting with one of the biggest business men in all of Europe. We're trying to get him sign the papers to have a part of our company under his management. Mr. Jonathan, my boss, wants at least 2 million dollars for that. I put my focus back in the meeting.
"900 thousand dollars" Mr Uncas, the business man I told you about, repeats. "2 million dollars" Mr. Jonathan, points out. Just then my phone starts ringing. It seems like all the eyes are staring at me. I give them a nervous smile and look at the contact trying to call me. Alba, I read out. But how? I mean Alba is sitting right in front of me. How is she calling me?! I answer the call.
"Uhm hello?" I ask. Then, I hear a giggle. Wait a second. That's..MARIE!? I shoot Alba an angry look. But then, I get a brainwave and suddenly I have an idea. "Yes, it's me Martina. Hello Mr Jacob" I act, while everybody looks confused. "2 million dollars? That's interesting." Then I rush to Mr. Jonathan and Mr. Uncas, "He wants to pay 2 million dollars for our campaign!" I blurt out. My plan is working, I could see the jealous look on Mr. Uncas's face. "Yes, yes! Yes Mr. Jacob, we love the offer. Just wait a minute cause we have another offer, I'll hear it and come back to you" I say ending the call. Then I give a quick glance as Mr. Uncas stands up and looks at Mr. Jonathan. "5 million dollars, no more and no less." He says as Mr Jonathan's expression changes to a smile. "That's a deal!" He says as they sign the papers. When they all left Mr. Jonathan approaches me, "Great job, Ms. Stoessel." He nods and leaves. YES! I did it! Well ,technically "we" did it, I give a wink to little Marie and I then walk back to my office.
I'm so happy this worked just fine. Then, I get a text. Shit, my date.

The text:-
Can't wait for tonight, babe xx. See ya. -Jorge
-
Hey I wanna thank you all for reading this, love y'all💕
Updating soon today, hope you like it xx💜