Chapter 56: Art is an Explosion

2k reads!!!!!!! I have no idea how this has reached this many reads, but I'm not complaining! Thank you to all of my awesome readers! You are the best! I am humbled by all of your votes, comments and appreciation! I hope that I can continue putting out chapters that you like, enjoy!

-------------------------

     Kakashi and I had been walking quietly for some time now. Pakkun was a little bit ahead of us, and Hokomaru stayed protectively by my side with Kakashi on the other. It was a comfortable silence as we all focused on the task at hand. To save chakra, I was using my sensory abilities to try and pick up any sign of Sasuke's or Itachi's chakra signature that I could. Kakashi was "reading" his dumb book, but based on the fact that I hadn't heard him flip a page in about thirty minutes, I figured that he wasn't reading at all. But was instead focused fully on our search. Why he was holding a useless book in front of his face I could not tell you; it seemed completely unnecessary.

     "Kakashi."

     "Hmm?"

     "Why do you have out Icha Icha even if you're not reading it?"

     He shrugged, "Well, I do this because-"

     Kakashi froze and looked up, and I followed his gaze. From where we were on top of a hill, we had a perfect view of the large event happening a couple of kilometers away.

     BOOM! The most massive explosion that I had ever seen blocked out the sun; it made my kunai jutsu look like child's play, like firecrackers next to an atomic bomb. It was a large white cone of pure chakra energy with two other small cones extending from it like arms. It looked like either the deadliest cactus ever or an elongated Viking helmet of pure destruction. The light blue glow on its edges left aftermath in my vision when I blinked as the large explosion persisted for about fifteen full seconds. Anything that was caught in there was surely dead. This explosion would leave a scar on the landscape forever. It was making my sensory skills tingle with the pure unadulterated power that I could feel even from my safe distance away from it. It was a life force, a soul, turned into pure chakra. I looked at in awe partly because it was a massive explosion, but also because I now knew the power of a soul. It took the soul of Yutaka Hyuga (I had learned his name after I started spending time training with the Hyugas) to transport me to this world. I was now seeing the energy that was needed to overcome the barriers of time and space and it was an awe-inspiring sight. In a way, it really was art. 'That is what it took to get me here, wow.' Kakashi and I watched, awestruck as the mushroom cloud of smoke drifted up into the air slowly after the large body of energy had finally died down.

     "Jesus Christ," Kakashi didn't even question who Jesus was like he usually did, he simply nodded in awe.

     "What on earth caused that explosion?"

     I looked at it closely, "It seems like Deidara's handiwork, this wouldn't be the first time he's blown himself up, but this time it seems that he really is dead."

     There was a tearing pain through my mind, a vision. I activated my yin seal and watched as the events that caused the explosion started to play out in front of me like a semi-transparent screen so I was seeing both real world and the vision at the same time. Needless to say, it was very disorienting.

     Sasuke, Deidara, and Tobi faced off on the edge of a clearing. Sasuke demanded that they tell him where Itachi was, and Deidara was enraged that he was being overlooked. The ego of an artist is touchy.

     "Ana, are you alright?" Kakashi's face was floating between Sasuke and Deidara's stare-down.