Chapter 57: Tobi

And the Fated Battle Between Brothers arc has begun! Oh my has this chapter been a hard one to post... First I had serious writer's block over it for pretty much no reason because I already knew what I was going to do with this chapter, and then yesterday when I had finally gotten over it I got the worst headache ever. I think that it might have been a migraine, I'm not sure. But, it hurt to look at my computer screen too much so, yeah, I couldn't write yesterday. However, I have new found respect for Ana because I give her a lot of migraines and then make her fight ninja battles with them. You know what, I feel a little guilty for that now. Also, this is my second longest chapter ever so it took a while to write. So sorry for the delay! But, I hope that you enjoy!

---------------Kakashi's POV---------------

     Ana was off searching for Sasuke with her pack, and I was running along with Naruto, Kiba, Akamaru, and Sakura. Naruto had over a hundred clones out around the area, and they would dissipate occasionally, giving the original updates on what they had seen. Naruto gasped and landed on the next branch, and Sakura and I landed on either side of him.

     I narrowed my eye, "What's wrong, Naruto?"

     "All the scents in the south forest were only false leads."

     I sighed, "I see."

     Kiba and Akamaru landed in front of us, "Hey, don't look so down, Naruto. I thought you don't give up no matter what, isn't that your ninja way?"

     "Naruto," Sakura turned to face the young jinchuriki, "He's right."

     Naruto nodded, "Alright! I'll use the chakra that I've restored and increase the number of shadow clones." He did the said jutsu, and the branches around us filled with Narutos, "I'm counting on you guys."

     "Just leave it to us!" They all echoed back (it was mildly creepy) and jumped off after Sasuke.

     We set off after Sasuke again at a rapid pace, Kiba's sense of smell acting as our guide. Naruto's eyes opened wide, "I found him!"

     "Nice," Kiba looked back at him, "Good job. Where too?"

     "This way!" Naruto started off almost in the opposite direction.

     At that moment Ana jumped down and landed next to me. "So Naruto has found Sasuke?" I nodded in the affirmative, "Good, because they just stopped cloaking their chakra, and I can sense their location as well. It seems that Sasuke's group has thrown caution to the wind. I'd guess that they have probably found Itachi by now... I have a feeling that he is in this area as well." She said the last part with a slightly guilty look, but I decided that now was not the time to confront her about it.

     Sai began circling closer to us from above to land the large bird he was scouting on; soon the whole squad was here, and Naruto shouted and pointed ahead, "Come on guys, this way!"

     Hinata shouted out without even the slightest bit of a stutter, "Wait, Naruto! That chakra..."

     The Akatsuki member Tobi appeared out of nowhere right in front of Naruto, "Howdy!"

     "What?! Ahh!" Naruto shouted as he flew backwards and landed on the ground below.

     "Well now, how's it goin' there?" Tobi stood there his hands on his hips casually.

     Ana narrowed her lavender eyes, "So you didn't die in Deidara's explosion, huh? Strange, you should have been caught right in the blast center."

     He ignored her comment and continued with his childish speech, "Imagine runnin' into Hidden Leaf folks in a place like this, and it's two... four... six... eight... nine against one! Hahuh, what bad luck! Hahahaha!"