FIVE

v.

—SAVANNAH was hesitant to believe that horses were actually flying in the sky — and coming closer each second

—SAVANNAH was hesitant to believe that horses were actually flying in the sky — and coming closer each second. Honestly, it was probably the weirdest thing she'd seen yet ... and she'd seen some crazy things that day.

"This day just keeps getting better and better," she mumbled. And not only did the flying horses become clearer, but they were also dragging a bright blue box behind them.

"Reinforcements," Jason mumbled. "Hedge told me an extraction squad was coming for us."

"Extraction squad?" Leo struggled to get up, even with Savannah's help. She sighed at her little to no muscle strength. "That sounds painful."

"And where are they extracting us to?" Piper inquired. Savannah hadn't taken her eyes off the chariot and she had a feeling that her friends hadn't either.

"I'm hoping safety?" Savannah muttered.

The horses were stamping nervously on the cracked skywalk. The two teenagers that stood inside the wooden box — a tall blonde girl and a bald boy with a scowling face and huge muscles — wore identical orange t-shirts. The girl was already leaping off the back before the horses stopped their cantering.

She pulled out a glinting knife and pointed it in front of the group. "Where is he?" She demanded. Savannah noticed her deep gray eyes that struck fear into the ginger's stomach and she shuffled back a tiny bit. Her eyes were possibly worse than the dagger.

"Uh, who?" Savannah asks, looking at the two boys in their small group. She then spun her head around for any others. "Dylan?"

The blonde frowned like it was not the correct answer and it made Savannah feel unnecessarily embarrassed. "What about Gleeson? Where is your protector, Gleeson Hedge?"

"He got taken by some ..." Leo cleared his throat. "Tornado things."

"Venti," Jason said. "Storm spirits."

The blonde's eyebrow raised. "You mean anemoi thuellai? That's the Greek term. Who are you, and what happened?"

Jason went on to explain everything, at least, he tried to. His words were rushed and Savannah couldn't even keep up — and she was there.

The other guy from the chariot came over and stood with his arms crossed and his mean almond eyes were narrowed as if accusing them of murder. His head was shaved and his ears stuck out. It wasn't until Leo slightly nudged her arm and nodded in the direction of the boy's bare bicep did she see the cartoon rainbow tattoo, clouds and all.