SEVEN [ PART I. ]

vii. part i.

—SAVANNAH was slowly getting used to the mass amounts of weapons she was seeing

—SAVANNAH was slowly getting used to the mass amounts of weapons she was seeing. It didn't make her feel any less uneasy, but she was learning to not jump every time someone with a sword walked by her ( which happened to be every single person. Well, except for the campers that she assumed were Aphrodite's kids ).

"Wait, so what you're saying is, that's real lava?" She stood wide eyed, having already asked this question, but she needed to hear the answer a second time with her head on straight. "Like the kind from volcanoes?"

"I think they just take this from below the earth, not specifically from a volcano," Julia said thoughtfully.

"I almost made it halfway once!" Mia exclaimed, pride laced with every word.

"They let you do that?!" Savannah cried, horrified that they'd let anyone, let alone a 10 year old, on the death trap.

"It's what we do here, as heroes in the making," Julia shrugged. "We train. Even the younger generation has to," she went to rub Mia's hair, but the little girl moved away with quick reflexes.

"Sounds dangerous to me," Savannah muttered, biting her nails. If this was what they do to stay at this camp, she didn't think she would make it to tomorrow.

"Ah, you'll get used to it," Julia put an arm around her shoulders and started to walk her off to the next interesting thing. Mia smiled and also tried to put her arm around her on the other side, but because she was still short, she settled on holding Savannah's hand and started swinging back and forth.

"So, you guys are all daughters and sons of the Greek gods and goddesses?"

"Well, most of us. There are satyrs, half goat —" Julia started to explain, but was cut off by Mia.

"Like Grover, Percy's friend! Grover is out restoring the Wild!"

"You seem to know a lot of this Percy," Savannah commented, squeezing the girl's hand.

Mia smiled sheepishly and Julia chuckled. "She idolizes him. Ever since she learned that he brought back the Golden Fleece that practically saved the camp, she's been crazy about him."

"How old is this guy?" Savannah asked.

"Oh, he's probably seventeen now?" Julia said, trying to recall his age. "Much too old for this rascal." Julia reached over and poked her half-sister behind Savannah's back.