e n d o f t h e d a y

a/n: hello again! this is a triple update this week! woo. im just really excited about writing on the app now, also this chapter will be in third person point of view. above is vegas' beautiful dress and harry's suit. hopefully, you will fall in love with this chapter as much as i did. it's going to be a long chapter!happy reading, dani xo

this chapter was inspired by "End of the Day" by One Direction. To enhance your reading, please listen to the catchy tune. 

c h a p t e r t w e n t y t h r e e

Christmas Day festivities usually bring happiness to sweet ole Vegas. She had comprised a schedule every year to follow, serving almost as a tradition. Ever since her mother's passing, she secluded herself from her carnivorous family and their methods to keep her huddled in Wolverhampton. So, celebrating alone was a known custom.

Unlike the year before, she had fallen into the arms of an odd man which caused her life to spring out of control. Because of his undying persistence, his company brought friends that she didn't think she would acquire in that egocentric city of shallow individuals. Nonetheless, she felt at home with her new friends.

Gemma, her wrecked love's sister, invaded her traditions, and decided to invite her to a once-in-a-lifetime chance. She was hesitant at first, but with eager peer pressure, the chance was forced into her day's activities.

For the event, she has picked out an unusual dress choice, and as she ran her fingers over the embellishments in front of Gemma's mirror, she felt anything but self-conscious. Beautiful would be a suitable word.

"Wow, you look so gorgeous," Gemma complimented, creeping up behind Vegas' transfixed stance. "Told you pink was your color."

"I guess you were right," She breathed out in response, her eyelashes fluttering at her made up face. "How long do we have until the car gets here?"

"Hmm, about fifteen minutes," Gemma's eyes coasted to her naked wrist as if something was there.

"You aren't even wearing a watch," Vegas rotated her figure to face her new friend as a chuckle split from her glossed lips.

"A girl can imagine," Gemma replied, her shoulders shrugging in amusement. "I'll go slip into my shoes and we can head to the door."

Once Vegas nodded, her eyes returned to her figure. She awarded herself an evening without self judgements. This would be an occasion that is floating above the clouds with esteem as far as the eyes could see.

Her fingers reached for plain pastel pink clutch, cupping the fabric with her palm in a firm hold. The skirt of the alluring dress trailed behind her to make her the most intriguing entrance to the ball. Her heels pattered against the wooden floors in Gemma's temporary hotel, the chiffon material trailing behind her in the process.

Gemma, like she had promised, finished the strapping of her shoes to join Vegas at the only portal in and out of the room. Her dress was a shade of gold, the sequins sparkling under the dim lights of the hall once she opened the door.

They were ready for the night of their lives, and with the knowledge of Harry being there, Vegas felt an obligation to avoid him, even after her rampage in front of Windsor Palace.

x

"Harry, this will be the most important appearance before the wedding," His aunt coached from the sidelines of his dressing room. "Please corporate with Annalise."