America's Suitehearts

I woke up to my alarm going off.

"I'm running late again!" I said to myself getting out of bed and hurried to get dressed

I threw on a pair of skinny jeans with a t-shirt. Then put on my black converse and grabbed a snack for the way there. I found my car keys and started to head to work.

My name is Jessica. But everybody calls me Jess. I'm 22 years old and I work at the local bookstore. We are never busy. Just a few people come in once in awhile. I tried to sneak in with out getting caught.

"Your late. Again." I voice came from behind the counter. I turned around and saw Joe.

"Please don't tell Patrick he would be upset if I was again." I begged

"No, I'm not telling him. Just promise to be on time tomorrow?" Joe asked

"Sure thing. Thanks Joe" I said going to go find Pete

I walked down the rows of books and couldn't find anybody. Someone quickly grabbed me from behind and made me jump.

"Chill out Jess it's just me" Pete said laughing

I rolled my eyes at him and laughed a little. Patrick was walking towards us with a box in his hands.

"Can you guys help me? Just put these in the front with the new releases." Patrick instructed us handing Pete the box full of books. Pete walked away and I was about to follow but Patrick grabbed my hand.

"What's up Jess?" He asked letting go of my hand

"Nothing really. You?" I asked

"Same" He blushed pushing his glasses up

"I'm going to go help Pete" I told him

"Wait, Andy may need help in the back he needs to get some boxes down" He pointed to the backroom and I headed back there.

"Oh hey Jess. Did Patrick tell you to help me?" He said grabbing a box and handing it to me. He was on a ladder.

"Yea he did" I laughed as Andy stumbled a little "Do you want me to just get up there?" I asked

He nodded and I got up the ladder and grabbed a box and handed to him but I fell back and Andy caught me

"Nice catch Andy" Pete said coming in

Andy chuckled and put me back on the ground

"Someone needs help finding a book. Can you help Andy?" Pete asked and they headed out the door.

They shut the door behind them. I was about to leave but the old T.V in the room turned on. It was static then music started playing. I ran to the door but it was locked from the outside. I turned around and the T.V was oozing green slime. I went to unplug the T.V but it wasn't even plugged in. The T.V doesn't even work. I looked back at the T.V and there was four guys performing on a carousel. I watched till the were done.

"What is this?" I said to myself "The guys have to be pulling a prank"

The four people in the T.V looked at me as if they heard me. I went to touch the T.V but my hand went all the way though. I was going to pull it out but I got yanked in.