Flirty at 9:30

Don't mind the title, I had no inspiration.
______________________________

Nagisa absolutely loved his job, really. It's not because he liked the job or how much he was payed, but because of the view from his desk. From where he sat, all he had to do was lean a little to the left, let his gaze wander beyond his computer screen, and there he was, Akabane Karma.

Nagisa would usually try to hold in his longing sighs mainly because of his desk neighbour, Rio. But his prying desk-neighbour, Rio, wasn't here today, so he could try and risk it. He really couldn't help it when the red hair's golden face was filled with endearing enthusiasm like this as Karma spoke to someone nearby that Nagisa couldn't really see, his hands flying animatedly to accompany his story. Oh, how Nagisa wished Kama could talk to him like that...

Nagisa' phone rang, shocking him out of his happy morning daydream. Reluctantly, he tore his eyes away from Karma and picked up the receiver.

"Good morning, Shiotani Nagisa speaking. How may I help you?"

"Hello, Nagisa, this is Maehara Hiroto from Capital Radio! How are you today?"

Nagisa eyebrows slowly furrowed. "Why are you calling me?" he asked.

For some reason, Maehara laughed. "Wow, scary! I see our mystery caller was right about you. Well then, let's get right to the point. Every weekday on my show we do a segment called 'Flirty at 9:30' and so I'm calling on behalf of an interested party who rather fancies you."

There was a long pause, before Nagisa finally said "Huh...?"

"It means someone has a secret crush on you~" Maehara sang down the line at him.

"...What."

"Oh, come on, Nagisa!" Maehara groaned, with mock exasperation. "The guy who called in for you was singing your praises, don't act like a moron and make him look like he has bad taste, okay?"

"What?" Nagisa exclaimed slightly angered. "It's not my problem if someone wants to call the radio and get you to ask me out for him...I don't owe him anything!"

"Now, now, Nagisa... there's no need to get hostile," Maehara said. "Look, If you're really against this, I can hang up and consider this a lost cause. But I don't want to do that. And do you know why? Because your mystery caller is an old friend of my boyfriend and I want to help him. He likes you a lot, and you'd be flattered if you could hear him talk about you! He feels like it's just too awkward to talk to you in person. You can see why, can't you?"

Nagisa looked down at his shoes. "I suppose..." he mumbled, unable to deny it when he was fully aware how he'd wasn't really being cooperative to the radio host in the past two minutes.

"Good!" The host piped up "Well, then let's get started."

Maehara's voice perked up now that Nagisa was more cooperating, and Nagisa can only steeled himself for what was sure to be a very awkward conversation. "I have the mystery caller on the line for you, Nagisa, and you have to decide if you want to go out with him. If you agree to the date, the two of you get a free dinner at a fancy restaurant in Japan - all on me, of course. How does that sound?"

"I suppose I can hear you out..." Nagisa said, slightly wincing in embarrassment.

"Excellent!" Maehara said. "So I'm going to see if you can guess who's calling for you. Your first clue is a bit unusual; apparently you and your mystery man doesn't really talk to each other much..."

"Then why is he trying to ask me out?" Nagisa asked, bewildered.

"I think he sees that there's more to you than what everyone sees," Maehara supplied, "It might be worth giving him a chance, In my opinion at least."

Nagisa bristled, but Maehara chattered on. "But I'm guessing there are a few people you don't talk to much considering that shy attitude of yours, so let's move on to clue number two; What if I told you your mystery man works with you?"

"Not too helpful, I'm afraid," Nagisa said, glancing around in surprise and suspicion at his neighouring cubicles. "There's around 20 people here..."

"Well, then, that leaves the big final clue; apparently, you're from the same school!" Maehara practically sighed into the phone.

Nagisa tried to connect all this things to his own crush but... It wasn't really Karma to call up a radio station to ask someone out.

Nagisa gave one more glance at Karma – who was still playing Neko Atsuma, still busy not being on the phone secretly calling in to a radio station – and sighed.

"Sorry but, I have to say no. I...I already have feelings for someone. It's maybe unrequited but I can't see myself getting over it any time soon, so...it just wouldn't be fair to go out with anyone else, knowing I can't really love him the way he loves me..."

"Well, this is very sad," said Maehara. "But at least you tried, right, Karma? It's not that Nagisa doesn't like you, he just already has feelings for someone else, that's all."

For a moment, Nagisa was mesmerised and confused. Why was he saying Karma's name? It couldn't be... Could it?

But then another voice joined Maehara's on the line.

"Yeah, I guess. I was... hoping, though."

It was Karma's voice. Unmistakably.

Nagisa'a eyes widen and shot a look towards Karma, and once again, he wasn't on the phone. But he certainly is looking down at his desk with the most heartbroken little smile on his face.

"So Nagisa, just to be clear; you're going to turn down Akabane Karma because you have feelings for someone else?"

As Nagisa stared at his co-worker, dumbstruck, Karma turned towards him with a sheepish but slightly sad grin — and from this angle, Nagisa could see that Karma had a small Bluetooth piece in one ear. Cheeky bastard

But, It really was him on the phone...

"Um...Forget I said anything about unrequited feelings," Nagisa stammered to the radio DJ. "I'll go on the date."

_____________________________
FYI I've been trying to do a smut chapter (and it's in my draft) but I am absolutely failing XD Oh well, I'll try my best

Anyway, my friend and I (Hetalia_Otaku_Weaboo ) has 2 ideas for the karma gist fanfic.

1. (What she actually really wants to do) Is like some kind of diary, like Karma's very own diary that tells us about his beautiful life

2. Basically an AU where Karma is a prince... Idk about this one tbh

3. Kinda a first meeting on university thingy where Nagisa has a bad past, they may have never met each other yet in this one though..

Well, you guys choose :P we have the drafts for the Karma diary and the 3rd one... Just decide.

Remember, it'll most likely be posted on her account, but I'll tell you when we posted it anyway... Cheers!

Byeeee