Chapter 1

Barry's POV

Well, I was finally here. After many hours on the plane, my family and I landed on the East coast of California. This hot weather wasn't something I was used to in Minnesota. We really didn't get very hot weather there. 

"Are you guys excited?" my dad asked my mother and I.

"Very!" I replied. I wasted no time getting unpacked and to the beach. The second I stepped foot on the sand, it tickled my feet. I decided I'd try for a tan. I get to spend exactly 3 months here in California and nothing was going to stop me from having the best time. 

Laying down my dark blue towel. I took off my tank and lied on the towel in my blue and white striped trunks. I thoroughly began to apply sunscreen and began soaking up the heat more than anything.

-3 HOUR JUMP-

It felt so great relaxing for once and not being stressed out by school or work. Just Barry time, by a beautiful beach. I had yet to explore the ocean, maybe tomorrow. But glancing out to the ocean leveling with the horizon, I saw this guy. He had a black swim shirt on with a pair of white trunks. He was surfing, very well, almost like a pro. This guy didn't look to be that old, almost around my age.

I watched him for what seemed like an hour or so. When he was finished, he swam ashore. Walking closer to me. Then I realized I was coincidentally sitting next to his towel and belongings. Part of me wanted to go and say Hi, the other wanted me to play cool. He kinda just glanced at me and flashed a smile. I was too afraid to speak and just watched him get his stuff and leave.

I want to know this mysterious guy, I have the entire summer to do that.