Chapter 3

Barry's POV

"Bare, let's go!" I woke to my little sister shaking me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You said you'd take us to the beach today." she replied.

"Meghan, what time is it?" I rubbed my eyes.

"11:45, let's go." Meghan said anxiously. I laughed and managed to roll out of bed 5 minutes later. After about 20 minutes all of us were dressed and ready for the beach. 

"Thomas, Owen, Meghan! You guys better stay in my sight out in that water, I am not prepared to explain to mom and dad why they have 3 less kids." I yelled as my younger siblings sprinted towards the water. "Do you think we'll like it here, Ace?" 

"Yeah, it seems pretty good. It's a break, plus no one knows us here, it's like a fresh start. Ya know?" he replied, looking at the ocean.

"Yeah, guess so." I agreed. Ace and I just had conversations on and off, carefully watching the young ones. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted that mysterious guy that I saw a few weeks ago, he just came in from surfing. Shaking him from my mind, I went to pick up Ace and I some drinks.

"$5.24" the man at the counter said to me. After paying for them, I turned around. I ran into something, knocking the drinks everywhere, and causing me to fall. As I look up, I realized it wasn't something, but it was someone. My face flushed red in embarrassment. It was the mysterious guy, looking down at me.

"I am so sorry!" he replied, mouth wide open. Heextended a helping hand, to assist me to my feet

"It's, it's fine." I laughed, "I'm clumsy."

"Well clumsy, do you have a name?" he asked, still sounded worried from knocking me down.

"Barry Eisenberg." I replied  softly. 

"Naldo Montoya." he nodded, "I'll see you around Barry." The only thing my body allowed me to do was nod. And I guarantee that I looked like a complete idiot. I couldn't have looked any worse than all the drinks splattered everywhere.

I walked back to Ace, empty handed. "Where's the drinks?" he seemed sad.

"On the deck." I pointed towards the vendor.

"Yikes." he laughed, "We should probably get going." I agreed.

"Ace, wanna go explore the town tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, definitely man." he smiled.