seven: i have no inspiration to continue this so we're gonna end it here

(this story was fun but from the start this was going to be a short fic. also i just realized this whole fic takes place over the span of a day which is pretty rad.)

"what happened, baby boy?" steven asked, standing on his top porch step and quickly meeting max at the bottom of the stairs. it was pouring rain outside and max was only in a pair of blue and white basketball shorts and a baggy sweatshirt. steven pulled his own hoodie off and placed it on max's shivering shoulders, pulling the hood over his head to keep him warm. "come on baby, let's go inside, you can tell me what happened."

max nodded and followed the slightly older boy into the house. steven's hand was pressed gently on the small of his back and slowly pushed him out of the cold rain and into the warm house. 

max removed his sweatshirt and hung it up on a coat hanger near the door. steven took one look at max, in just a plain, baggy white t-shirt and his basketball shorts and laughed. "i know this is a bad time, but those are the ugliest fucking shorts i've ever seen in my either fucking life."

with a roll of his eyes and a mocked laugh, max muttered, "shut the fuck up, ugly."

"nice comeback babe." 

"i will kick you in the dick."

"do it- NO I WAS JOKING STOP." steven shouted, covering his crotch with his palms as max raised his leg to kick him in the dick. 

steven took max's hand and walked with him into the living room and sat with him on the brown colored couch. max leaned his head onto steven's chest and steven held onto his body gently, rubbing his arms. "you look so pretty tonight, baby boy, did i tell you that?" 

"you dragged my outfit, so no, i guess not." max giggled. 

steven looked down at max, who was gently moving his way into steven's lap. max nuzzled his head into steven's chest and the older boy wrapped his arms around the small boy. 

and max told him everything. and steven listened. 

max told steven about what happened tonight, he didn't skip out on any detail of what happened. when he explained how his father hit him, tears slowly began to fill up in his eyes and steven gently brushed them away. 

max finished talking about what happened, and steven wrapped his arms tightly around his boyfriend's small frame, holding him tightly. "i won't let anything bad happen to you baby," steven let out a shaky breath, "i love you."

max looked at him, confused. 

"listen, i know it's early and we just met- god this is such a shitty movie cliche- but it's a world where we know for certainty who our soulmates are, and i know there's always a perfect time for the first 'i love you', and this is probably not it, but god, i feel like i've known you for years. maxwell, i love you so fucking much."

max teared up and wiped at his eyes, looking up at steven. "gay." he whispered. 

"what was that?" steven asked, lightly tickling max's sides, to which max smacked his hands away.

"i said i love you too." he smiled, pecking steven's lips.

"that's what i fucking thought." steven chuckled, kissing him back. 

-----

get fucked i love suffering