Escape

"This will hurt." I caution the sleeping girl who cannot respond. With a needle, thread, and bandages, I quickly tend to her wounds. "Don't worry, it'll be okay. Moriarty won't hurt you again. I'm taking you back to your parents, okay? They'll never know you were gone." After I have attended to that little business, I turn to my next patient - another girl. But she is dead. I gently turn her around and examine the wound on the back of her neck. "So that's why there was no blood - it was death by a dagger, the old twist trick." I turn the girl around, but her face had changed. Instead, Moriarty's smirking face stares up at me, and I scream. With a shock, I wake up.

It takes me a few minutes to remember what happened. The blank hospital room makes me realize that it wasn't just another nightmare. Sherlock had been there, and Elly. Ugh, I should have left her to Moriarty. Of course she blabbed to Sherlock, I could have foreseen that. But I let compassion rule me over, which was always my number one mistake. Anyway, that's what had gotten me here in the first place - compassion. Bree and Elly were the same person, obviously - I recognized the change of voice trick, having performed it several times myself. Sherlock came along, and now I'm alone in this hospital room.

Wait.

I'm alone in this hospital room. I sit up. The heart monitor starts beeping, and I tear the tube off. I take off all of my tubes before glaring at the window that it sealed shut. Looking around, I spotted an air vent. With a suction thingie I pry it open, then look back at the room.

Having a flash of inspiration, I spray paint a black M on the pillow. Unfortunately, they must have my bag, but I always keep a tiny bottle of spray paint in my pocket. With a chuckle, I start climbing through the air vents. Occasionally I have to rest because of dizziness, but I don't even risk getting out in the Waiting Room, because I know they'll all be there. I get through the air vent in the back, and take the back exit out of the hospital. With a sigh of relief, I sneak back off into the shadows of three AM.