A/N- Book PAUSED/Preview of "Stop Dying"!

(Future) Cover of ETBHN ⬆️

If the title of this chapter didn't already tell you, this is not a new chapter. (I'm sorry). It's an author's note.

I talked about this in a Wattpad status a month or so ago, but there's been almost no mention of it since:

Basically, there's some stuff coming up in this book that references the HEAVY edits I've made to The Black-Hearted Ninja. I've published none of the new and improved version, which is much better than the original (cleaner, better writing, clearer plot, more character depth, etc.). I realized while I was writing some previous chapters of this book (Reversal) that I was talking about stuff that only I know about, and that's a little awkward :/ . It isn't fair for me to dump a bunch of character baggage on my readers without giving them proper background as to why it's *suddenly and unexpectedly* there.

Edited TBHN will now be known as ETBHN.

It's not like you can't read Reversal without reading ETBHN. But I highly suggest you do read it. When I actually publish it. (I can't force you to. I just suggest it, because then nothing will be confusing in Reversal, like my multi-book carryover metaphors :)

Since I'm not done editing, I decided to put this book (Reversal) on official pause for a few weeks until I get all my stuff together. I'll start writing again, much more consistently, once I've published the fully edited ETBHN and given a few days so that anyone who wants to read it can.

And if you're reading this after I've restarted the book (new readers, welcome!), know that this is the point where you might want to go and read ETBHN, just to know what the canon is for the story.

I have nothing to give you at the moment except for this never-seen-before excerpt from ETBHN that I've been working on for a while (it's Cole's NEW death! That's the catalyst for the rest of the story! Yay!)

(I guess it has Cole x Nya. I guess I should put that as a warning on the book, because of shipping wars or WHATEVER. It has Jaya TOO. And ETBHN might have some bruise as well... Don't hate me!)

(In this book he doesn't die from the crying pillow. It's a water gun (a special water gun) while they're in battle. Nya can't save him, Jay was supposed to be watching his back, it's complicated. MORE DRAMA 😈)

N y a

It's strange, how time works when someone dies. Like it's trying to make up for the life being taken away. Giving the dying person a few more fleeting seconds to live.

Time stretches, and everything is suddenly quiet. I only see Cole, who stumbles back as if punched by an invisible source.

My hand goes limp. My dagger falls, hitting the dirt with a dull thud.

Cole falls as well.

He doesn't make a noise. But I feel his impact in my chest.

There are people in my way but I push through them, and their voices are hushed and I want to shriek at them, help him. I can't seem to make the words.

It's getting dark but Cole doesn't glow. I trip over my own feet to drop next to him, landing on my knees.

"Cole, stop it." I say.

"Stop what?" He sounds so weak. Weak, vulnerable... something I'm not used to seeing on him, and it's catching me off guard. His voice is clearer than anyone else's but still very far away.