Introducing The Shade

"Hi, guys," I greet them. I motion to the couple, still on the floor, "This is Dumb and Dumber. They think that they can just tell the whole world that I own the clubs."

I turn to the couple, with a smile. Their looking behind me at the disapproving scowls of my group. "If you wouldn't mind..." I motion for them to move to the couch, which they do, with their eyes still on my group. "Oh, them? Guys no glares." They change their faces to be expressionless.

"Let me introduce you to my girls. From left to right, Jacy, Makenzie, Blaze, Jordan, and Dylan." I say pointing to each in turn. "Demon, werewolf, fairy, witch, and vampire."

I turn to my group, "Guys, I met these bozos in the Lead Out door room."

"What are you going to do to us?"
whimpers the female. The dude stays silent, like a mute. Good for him.

"I, personally, won't do anything but if you ever tell anyone who the owner of the clubs is, The Shade," I motion to my girls- who now appear very threatening- and myself, as the couples' eyes widen. "We will hunt you down like hounds on a drug sent. Got it?"

I sit down next to Dylan, while they try to find their voices.

"Well?!" growls Jacy.

"Yes." They mumble hastily.

"Young vampires," I groan quietly, to myself, "newly turned babies."

I snap and Blaze uses her fingers to levite some papers out of a drawer. (The Shade and I like to show off. {Why they're with me. Do you think I just pick them? They came to me. We all fit in: we all have weird powers that no one of our supernatural race does}).

I snap again, and Jordan makes two pens appear, next to the couple.

"I want to give you an example of what we'll do: Jacy?" I ask. All of a sudden the couple is silently yelling with lost eyes. "Jacy," she looks at me, and allows them to see again.

"Dumb and Dumber, sign the papers. Dylan, Makenzie." I say their names to have them ready.

"Wait!" yells Dylan, jumping up and running to the couple. "Adam, sign your real name." she says in a soft voice, as he looks up startled.

"Dylan can read minds. Makenzie." I put in.

Makenzie jumps up, as Dylan backs up. She states sniffing the couple, who now look bewildered.

"What are you doing?" Adam finally blurts out.

"I'm smelling you," she says as if it makes sense. "What does it look like I'm doing?" she purposely takes a big whiff.

When she's done, the papers are signed correctly, and all shock wears off, Breea, the girl, opens her mouth to speak. My girls start to protest until I motion for her to speak.

"Well I guess everyone who's met you tells the truth, mostly." She look at me, and hesitates before continuing, "So let me get this straight, you have a mind reading vampire, a fairy that can make things fly, a witch that can make things appear out of nowhere, a super tracker werewolf, and a I don't know what-"

"Demon," Blaze proudly interrupts looking at Jacy, who blushes.

I think about it then say, "This is true."

"Sooooo... you're a shapeshifter- what?" "That's classified," The Shade (with the exception of me) says together.

"Okay," she accepts.

I pull out my pager and push the button. (I love it!) Then I say, to the couple, "Now you know the rules. So now Sergey and Fabio, show you out, and will allow you to stay in the VIP tonight, okay?"

Their eyes widen and Dylan snorts as Sergey and Fabio come in. Every one of The Shade look at Dylan as Sergey and Fabio lead Breea and Adam out.

When the door shuts, Jordan demands, "What'd they think?"

"They thought .... The girl thought: 'I thought they'd throw us out, this is great! Wait until Deb hears this!' And Adam thought....good old Adam thought two things." Dylan says trying to control her laughter.

Impatiently, Makenzie half barks, "What? WHAT!?"