Chapter 9

I truly hate waiting.

---

Through the fog, I could see a lifeboat coming. I smiled and ran to the side of the ship, waiting for them to get closer. But as they got closer, I realized I could see only two figures. Not three.

My face dropped. 

Mr. Gibbs helped them aboard as I waited behind some of the other pirates.

"Not more pirates." I heard a familiar voice say.

"Elizabeth!" I yelled and ran to her and hugged her.

She held me in her arms.

"Madelyn. What are you doing here?" She asked, shocked to see me.

"Saving you." I whispered, before we hugged again. She handed me something. I realized it was the necklace.

"Take it. It's safer with you." Elizabeth said.

I nodded, tucking it into my dress.

"Hey, boy, where be Jack?" Mr. Gibbs asked Will.

I let go of Elizabeth and ran to Will and hugged him. He hugged me back as he looked over to Mr. Gibbs.

"Jack? Jack Sparrow?" Elizabeth asked me.

I nodded.

"He fell behind." Will said.

Will grabbed my arm and Elizabeth's and took us below deck.

"Keep to the code." I heard Mr. Gibbs say as we walked down some stairs.

---

I couldn't help but feel some sort of sorrow in my heart for Jack. We left him behind. I hate pirate codes.

"What sort of a man trades a man's life for a ship?" Elizabeth asked, as I helped bandage her hand.

"Pirate." Will said.

I tied the bandage on Elizabeth's hand before turning to Will. What do we do now?

"You said you gave Barbossa my name as yours. Why?" He asked her.

Elizabeth looked at me, before looking back at Will.

"I don't know. I just thought it would be better than giving them my real name." Elizabeth said.

"You're safe now." I told her.

She gave me a small smile.

"I would like to get some air. I kept myself locked up on that god awful ship." Elizabeth said.

I nodded as she walked through and went back up to the deck.

As soon as she was gone, I looked up at Will. I leaned in the same time as he did. I kissed him and felt his hands going from my neck to my collar bone. He hesitated as he felt something and I stopped kissing him. I looked down and saw the chain, coming out of my dress. I quickly pulled it out and looked at Will.

"It's yours." I said.

I handed it to him and he studied it.

"I thought I'd lost it the day they rescued me. It was a gift from my father. He sent it to me." His voice was so soft and gentle and then he looked up at me.

"Why did you take it?" He asked, the soft and gentleness of his voice leaving. I can tell he is angry.

"I was afraid that you were a pirate. That would have been awful. Norrington wouldn't have let you live." I said.