1. How could you

"WHAT?!" Sadie said wiping blue snow cone dribble from her face and looking at her best friend who had a look of excitement and Disgust on her face. Joelle had just finished telling her that the guy she had been crushing on, and practically social media stalking for almost a year now finally asked her out. 

"First of all you eat like a pig, and second of all it was so hard not to tell you, I just didn't want to make it about me on your big night" sadie rolled her eyes, she got an award for foreign language, it was far off from being a "big night" but she held back a giggle. 

"Thank you" she smiled "But common now tell me all the juicy details, how did he ask" a huge smiled creeped a crossed Joelle's face. sadie never met a more boy crazy person, but she didn't mind. She was happy being single. or so she kept telling herself. she grabbed a napkin, and dabbed at her face, revealing blue liquid, while listening to Joelle babble on about how romantic it was when he DM'ed her, and told her that he had thought she was pretty for a long time, and how she responded immediately saying that she would love to go on a date with him. 

"Ok I'm done ranting, and I'm boiling" Joelle laughed and then motioned to the crashing waves and the overcrowded beach "And the waves look way to tempting not to jump in so what do you say?" sadie gave her a look that Joelle knew way to well. "Race ya!" they said in synch, and the busted into laughter. 

"Holy shit I'm out of breath" sadie said coming up out of the crystal clear water. "Thats what we get for skipping gym day i guess" Joelle wiped the water off of her eyes, and panted

"I dunno, i wouldn't take it back the guys here are so hot today" Sadie smacked her on the arm playfully with wide eyes. "Oops, sorry" she said guiltily. "Old habits?  i guess i forgot that I'm not technically single anymore" a twisted look broke out on her face and sadie gave a dramatic sigh. "But you are" 

"Joelle, no." 

"PLEASE we could double date"

"Not going to happen"

"fine" she said giving a fake bummed out face. "But i dont know how you could resist, for example not only 20 feet from you is a hot life guard, sitting up there board waiting for some hot girl to almost drown, so he could scoop her in his tan muscular arms and give her mouth to mouth. Sadie, you could be that girl." sadie cringed. 

"Sorry today is Saturday, i only fake drown on Mondays and Thursdays." Joelle shook her head in disappointment. "It was a nice try though" 

Joelle squeezed the water out of her dark brown hair. "I can't wait for a guy to sweep you off your feet" sadie shrugged 

"Well i guess your going to have to. It's not going to happen for awhile" she finished diving under the next wave she saw.

__________________________________________________________________________________

"No, i for a fact know that ben made the wrong decision sending Amanda home" Joelle said as she walked down the boardwalk, and peeped into the windows of the cute shops. "She has got to be the sweetest one there" sadie shook her head, and checked the price tag of a message-in-a-bottle souvenir. 

"She wasn't going to make it to the end, so i think it was good that he didn't lead her on" lifting up the bottle she said "Hey should i buy this for my room" Joelle nodded in agreement that it would look nice with sadie's blue walls. 

sadie nodded, looking up to see how long the line was, to determine if it was worth it. Joelle's voice interrupted her.

"SADIE" Sadie jumped and fumbled around with the glass bottle startles.
"What?! why would you do that to me" She said looking up at Joelle's horrified face. Joelle just pointed to the back of a sandy brown haired kid.