0.1

Being someone who isn't the best with people is sometimes a good thing. Having your own safety zone to make sure you don't let in people you know will ruin your life or just make it worse than it already was is okay. Only having one friend and you are sometimes a jerk to them when they try to get into your personal space is okay.

That was Connor. He only had one friend, he had a safety zone, he wasn't the best with people. But, that was okay for him. He didn't need anything else in his life, this was all he needed. He didn't need anything or anyone else in his life. Besides, nobody else really liked him or they were scared of him. No, he wasn't the school bad boy but pretty close to it. He was a good person but just not to the kids he went to school with.

Connor took out his earbuds when entering the movie theater, pushing one of the doors open to get inside. The sound of his wet shoes hitting the carpet in front of the double doors made him sigh as he rubbed them roughly to get the water off since it was raining. He let his earbuds dangle around his neck as he walked to the 'Staff Only' door which was behind the snack counter.

Yes, Connor worked at a movie theater. He needed to make money somehow to pay for the gas for his car.

The green eyed boy walked over to his locker in the 'Staff Only' room which was basically the break room. He did his combination and shoved his school backpack inside before grabbing his work shirt. He always worked immediately after school so he couldn't stop at his house to change so he just kept his work shirt and name tag in his locker. Not caring if anyone could walk in, Connor slipped out of his floral sweater and threw it in the locker before putting the work shirt on. He tucked the hem of the shirt in his pants then buttoned up the first two buttons so he wouldn't suffocate himself before pinning the name tag over his left peck.

When he was done, Connor slammed his locker shut and ruffled his hair before walking out of the 'Staff Only' room. Connor glanced around the theater lobby and saw one of his co-workers and his only friend, Hannah, working at the snack bar. A couple families walked inside and were soaked from the rain which made Connor chuckle as he made his way to the popcorn counter. Yes, the movie theater separated the snack bar and the popcorn bar for reasons that Connor didn't even know.

He noticed that the counter was cleaned and the lights around it to show that the bar was opened were on, meaning that the girl, who's name was Lilly, worked before him. She cleaned up for Connor since she knew he hated a mess and would probably throw a fit. Gulping, Connor grabbed the stool that was hidden underneath the counter and pulled it out before sitting down, waiting for someone to ask for popcorn.

After a while, Connor began picking at his nails when a he heard the double doors open once again. It was almost seven pm so he knew that it had to be a couple since families don't come to watch movies at this time on a school night. Only teenagers were that dumb. When his eyes caught the couple, he rolled his eyes when seeing it was a couple he is sick and tired of.

Troye Mellet and Andrea Russett.

It wasn't that Connor didn't like PDA, which the couple did show a lot, it was that Troye was one of the hottest guys in school and he got a lot of attention for just being attractive. This was something that had always bothered Connor. He hated that some people only for attention was because they were good looking and if they were dating someone who was also as good looking.

He watched closely as the couple were hand and hand, walking to the snack bar which was also where you got your movie tickets. Whenever he saw the couple together made him want to puke his guts out. Maybe it was because he was as queer as a three dollar bill and the sight of a girl immediately made him think of her private area which made him want to pass out.