1.6

| not edited |

scenes from movies, books, tv shows, videos, etc. used in this chapter ;
; none

It was Saturday morning, the entire night before Troye couldn't sleep. His eyes never shut, nothing could offer their assistance to help him keep them shut for at least eight hours. The darkness took control the total of eight hours as Troye laid on his back, staring at the ceiling with his hands clasped together on his lower stomach.

He didn't know what to think from what happened. Finding out not only did his girlfriend cheat on him, she got pregnant and was planning on lying to him for the rest of their lives. From the expression on Andrea's face when he confronted her, Troye knew she was never going to tell him. He knew the girl like the back of his hand, he knew she was going bring him down with her when the baby wasn't his. That's what raced in his mind all night. The fact that Andrea had the nerve to lie to him. She made him feel guilty and self conscious when in reality, he didn't have to lay a single finger.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the window sitting on the wall at the foot of the bed. Waving his sock covered foot in the air to signal the window was open, Troye knew who was climbing inside. His breathing steadied as he watched Connor stumble onto the ground with a soft thud. They locked eyes for a moment before Connor crawled on the bed beside the pale boy.

They laid in silence, in the same position, side by side. Connor turned his head slightly, his eyes grazing on the pale boy's cheek. He noticed the boy hadn't shaved from the stubble that was growing. Troye hated facial hair, he always shaved. A small frown formed on Connor's thin lips as he stared at the boy next to him, feeling guilty. "You weren't at school yesterday. How are you feeling?"

"On Thursday, I found out that not only did my girlfriend get pregnant by some other guy, I found out that she was never going to tell me." Troye replied dryly, his eyes continuing to stare at the ceiling. He felt a pair of eyes settling on him, creating butterflies in his stomach but it wasn't what he was focused on at that moment.

Bringing an arm behind his head, Connor heard Troye's tone of voice. The boy sounded broken which made his heart ache when hearing it. "I'm really sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault." Troye sighed, shaking his head lightly. His fingertips tapped lightly on the hem of his plaid pajama pants, unsure of everything going on around him. "You're the one who told me. Andrea wouldn't have. Heh, she might've on the kid's eighteenth birthday when they're legally an adult and we wouldn't have to take care of them anymore."

Connor knew the pale boy felt betrayed, his trust was broken. "Hasn't she cheated on you before?"

"Yeah. We both cheated on each other, it was an open relationship. But I thought we were going to do it together for our first time, you know?" Troye explained, twirling his finger into the string of his pajama pants. Curls of his brown hair fell in his eyes, huffing in frustration but he decided to leave it be.

Letting his fingers brush the pale boy's curls back in their place smoothly, Connor nodded his head in understanding. "I understand that...Do you want a cigarette?"

"Please." Troye whispered, his head finally turning over to the green eyed boy. Watching Connor sit up from the bed, he followed along, scooting to the edge so he was next to the window.

Connor placed his body on the hard wood, a few feet in front of the edge of the bed where Troye sat. Pulling out a pack of cigarettes from his jacket pocket, he tossed a stick over to the pale boy before taking out a lighter. The cigarette sat between his lips, one hand hovering over it as he lite it with the other. After slowly blowing a trail of smoke, he handed the lighter to Troye. "What are you going to do now? You can't avoid Andrea your whole life."