To Paris and Beyond

*****
(Ally said)

Yo D,

This is it! My dream date with my dream girl is set tonight! Danny will be helping me out later--he's paying off his end of the deal. But he has actually done more. I am really thankful that he begged me to be his best friend.

I am sure you would like to know if I am nervous. Well... I am not. I plan to enjoy every second I spend with Stevie.

Lots of love,
Al

*****
(Stevie said)

Ally picked me up at exactly six in the evening. She obviously chose a romantic playlist in Spotify, which made us both relaxed.

"Are you taking me to your house?" I asked when I noticed we turned left on their street.

"Geez yeah. Surprise! My parents are out of town." Ally answered, scratching hear head.

"Oh."

"You sounded disappointed." Ally teased.

"I am not." I was genuinely not disappointed. 'Maybe she prepared dinner,' I thought to myself but shrugged off the idea the moment I remembered the kitchen hated Ally. She told me stories when she burnt her fingers, and the time when her toe had a cut and many other horrible struggles.

When we entered the house, there was no dinner setup so I stopped guessing. I decided to go with her flow.

"I will bring you to the real surprise," Ally said. "But first you have to put on this blindfold."

"Is that really necessary?"

"Yes. Trust me."

I put on the blindfold. She held my wrist that made me wonder whether she was afraid of holding my hand or was asking my permission to hold my hand. Either way, I escaped her restraint and landed my hand on hers.

"That's more like it," I said. We walked a few feet more.

"You may take off your blindfold now, Stevie," Ally commanded. She hesitated to release my hand but did it anyway.

My eyes adjusted to the lights. There was a bike on a curb leading to their backyard. It had an airplane trailer attached to it.

"Please be seated, Mademoiselle. We are about to take off," she instructed.

"Your ride is totally cute! Where are we heading, Captain?"

"You have told me you have never been out of the country so I am taking you to Paris."

"Sounds like a long flight."

"It surely is. Please hold on to the safety handles." Ally pedaled with might.

"Let's go!" I could not hide my excitement. I felt the cold breeze blowing as we swifted through.

"I am sorry to ruin your moment with the wind but we are aleady here." Ally gently pressed on the brakes.

"Ha-ha. Stop teasing!"

In the midde of the yard was a candlelit dinner setup. The light was just enough for us to see each other. She pulled a chair for me. And sat across me.

"Welcome to Paris!" Just as Ally said that, tree lights brightened the yard and a facade of the Eiffel Tower came to life.

"Wow! This is beautiful!" I exclaimed. "Thank you, Ally." I squeezed her hand and she returned a sweet smile.

A guy in a suit came--it was Danny. Ally and I could not stop ourselves from laughing. He accentuated his look with a fake moustache.

"Good evening, ladies," Danny said in a  French accent. "You two look wonderful in your distressed jeans and loose shirts. I think I am over-dressed for the ocassion... but anyway... I am at your service tonight."

Danny continued with telling us the meny and serving the full course meal.

"Do you need anything else, ladies? Danny asked.

"None. Thank you," I answered. "How about you, Ally?"

"I have everything that I need right here," Ally answered and glanced at me. In that moment, I swear, I melted.

"Ooh la la," Danny said and we could not help but laugh again. He was trying really hard. "That's my cue. Enjoy the rest of the evening. Au revoir."

Just when I thought our date was coming to a close, Ally still had an ace up her sleeve.

The Pab String Band popped out. They were playing a familiar song but I could not remember its title or the artist behind it.

"'The Way I am' by Ingrid Michaelson," Ally said as if she read the question in my mind. "That is the song that was playing when I first met you."

"At the party where I slapped you? Ha-ha." I was teasing her.

"Yep that's the time. Ha-ha. Now... where was I?" Ally stood up and extended her hand. "Uhhmm... Stevie Leigh Boebi... can I have this dance?"

"It will be an honor to have this dance with you. That is now our song."

"I like the sound of that."

*****
(Gossip Gay said)

Gossip Gay here. Your one and only source into the colorful life of Pab High's queer community.

Spotted: Ally Hills and Stevie Boebi together in a car with smiles on their faces. With all the gay couples breaking up, their blossoming romance might eventually be dragged down the spiral.

In more important news--with the change in the school's Board of Directors, it seems that they will not allow students to be bring same sex dates. Who's with me in boycotting the prom? Let's have a rainbow parade at the school'sparking lot on prom night.

See you later suckers,

Gossip Gay