Chapter .03 - Mythology Lessons

The pack knowing Stiles' secret came with many questions. More than he was ready for. More than he actually had answers for, which actually surprised himself.

"So does where you go every summer have to with you being a demigod too?" Kira asked, actually leaning in with curiosity. She has only been in Beacon Hills for a little more than a year and his friends had already told her about his weird summer plans.

Stiles smiled at how well his friends were taking this. Yes, Scott was still upset about Stiles keeping it from him but both Scott and Stiles know that Scott will get over it.

"Yes. It actually is a camp, so technically I wasn't lying about that. It's called Camp Half-Blood and it's basically a safe haven for Greek demigods and the only place we'll ever really be safe," Stiles explained. He's actually so glad that he finally gets to share his life with his pack.

Though Jackson wasn't too thrilled about Stiles being the son of a god instead of himself, he also thought it was pretty cool and bombarded Stiles with questions as well.

"What about the Roman ones? Where do they go?" Jackson asked. Stiles was sure Jackson had a secret obsession with Romans because for some reason all his questions were about that. Romans are more about fighting so perhaps that's why Jackson had a connection to them.

"Ah, another camp. It's called Camp Jupiter. When I said Camp Half-Blood was for Greek demigods, I didn't really mean exclusively. Yes, at one point it was but now there's a portal between the two camps. We used to hate each other and there would be fights all the time but we finally got over that and realized there were bigger enemies than each other." Stiles elucidated.

"So who was the girl in the floating water image thing?" Isaac asked. "She was one of the hunter girls, right?"

Stiles laughed, "That was Thalia. She's my sister and really annoying so I apologize for her behaviour. She's a Hunter of Artemis and the 'floating water image' is called an Iris Message."

"When you say sister, I assume you're not meaning from your mom's side," Lydia inferred.

"She's a daughter of Zeus, my half-sister but really, what's the difference. I also have a brother. He's Roman and basically a blonde superman," Stiles said, laughing at the description of Jason.

"What's the difference of having Roman and Greek parents, though?" Liam asked.

"There's not a huge difference. It's the same God or Goddess, just a completely different personality and in some cases, they're the gods of different things too. They also have different names, for example, mine and Thalia's father is Zeus but, my brothers father is Jupiter. Jupiter and Zeus are the same God just different personalities," he started. "I don't know, it's kind of hard to explain. Really, we just go with it."

"What's your brother's name?" Scott asked, still looking sad. It was obvious he was trying to be accepting but this was a major information overload being sprung on top of being lied to by your best friend for 7 years.

"That depends on which one you mean. I have lots of siblings. I assume you're talking about the brother I was thinking of, though, so that would be Jason," Stiles answered, smirking at the thought of everyone Zeus went around having children with.

"You have other siblings?"

"Yes, but when they start getting into the deity category it doesn't count as much. You know, because Apollo, Artemis, Dionysus, Ares, Athena, and Hermes are all technically my half siblings and they're just from the Olympians. I think you get the point. In my world, family ties don't mean much, only demigod siblings really count," Stiles explained.