~4~

•Maelie Rogers•

I had so many questions. And I needed so many answers. Like why did my aunt have blue eyes but Will and I had gold? Derek had gold eyes too. But why blue? Does that mean something? I unpacked everything that I had packed into my new room. My new home. I can't even call it a home if it's not going to be permanent. Whatever. I walked out of my temporary room and walked into the living room to see my aunt sitting on the couch reading a book. "Hey Aunt Noelle?" I asked.

"Yes dear," she replied.

"I have some questions about the supernatural," I said getting straight to the point. She put her book down and nodded signalling for me to speak. "Why are your eyes blue and mine are gold?" I asked and her face went blank.

"I didn't think you'd ask this soon," she sighed but continued anyways. "When I first got bitten I didn't have any control. I just moved to Colorado and I had a small little hut that I used for shelter. One night, a few teenagers were walking in the woods on a full moon. It was my first full moon and I had zero control what so ever. So I snuck up on the kids and killed them," she said and I backed up a bit. She killed teenagers. Innocent teenagers. "Maelie I'd never hurt you guys plus I'm in control. Your eyes turn blue when you take the life of an innocent. I had no control and it haunts me everyday," she said and I just backed away. She opened her mouth to say something but before she could say something I ran to my room and locked the door. I leaned my back against the door and breathed heavily.

I'm living in the same house as a murderer. How? Why? Ugh! Moving was the wrong decision and it's only been a day. My life is falling apart and I think it's because I left Beacon Hills. But if Will won't leave with me, then I guess I'll just have to leave by myself. And no one is stopping me.

••
a/n
short but a good chapter??? i like writing shorter chapters... idk... i just do...
-kel