~6~

•Derek Hale•

Was Mae being serious? She's actually leaving... without her brother? That's weird... Maybe she'll explain when she gets here. I have nothing better to do, so why not leave now, Mae did call like an hour and a half ago... I haven't exactly been the happiest person... I mean who would after your family has been burned to death in a fire?

I got to the train station and a certain blonde caught my eye. Kate Argent. My crazy ex girlfriend. I tried to hide from her as best as I could until she got on the train. I got out from my hiding spot and checked the time. It's 9:50 and a train pulled up. I looked and waited for the people to pull out until I saw the beautiful girl that I fell in love with. "Mae!" I screamed and she looked up and smiled. I cupped her cheeks and kissed her passionately. She kissed back and I took her bags and we began walking to my house. "So are you gonna tell me why you left?"

"When we get there I will. Oh and Derek?" She asked and I looked up at her. "I love you too... I never said it back when you said it over the phone," Mae said.

"So are we still together? Because we aren't technically dating we're just friends who tend to say I love you to each other and make out," I said in attempt to add some humor to the situation. 

"I don't know... no one ever really asked me out," she said hinting at me to finally say the words and make it official.

"Maelie Rogers will you be my girlfriend... again?" I asked with a slight smile.  She smiled brightly at me and answered my question.

"Yes Derek Hale I will be your girlfriend... again," she responded and I leaned in to place my lips onto hers.  She threw her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss.  She eventually pulled apart  and we began to make our way back to my burned down house.  "Wait are we going to your house?" She asked.

"Yeah... oh shit I forgot..." I said and she nodded slowly.

"We can go to my house.  We aren't going to sell it so let's go," she said and we began to switch our destination to her house.  Eventually we got there and she opened the door and walked inside.  "Wow it feels like I never left," she said.  I placed her bags down and sat on her couch.

"So... why did you leave?" I asked just wanting to hear why she left.

"Okay, so, I was a little curious on why my aunt's eyes were an icy blue.  Oh wait, I forgot to tell you she's a werewolf.  Anyways, she said she didn't mean to do it and she murdered a bunch of innocent teens.  Derek, I couldn't live in a house with a murderer... it just didn't feel safe," she explained and I nodded my head in understandment. "And Will, he didn't care. He didn't even look at me when I left."

"So you feel safe with me Mae?" I asked.

"Of course," she replied. "Even from the start I felt safe in your arms." I smiled at her and hugged her into my chest and laid down and turned on the tv. This is how I want to be forever; with Maelie in my arms.

••
a/n
hello!! how are you guys? well hopefully this update is good.... lmao ty!!
-kel