~10~

•Maelie Rogers•

Maybe it was a dream. Maybe I am a were-cheetah. Those were constant thoughts going through my mind as I started to wake up. I sat up and the first thing I saw was Derek. "Is it true? That wasn't a dream? I'm actually a were-cheetah?" I questioned the boy standing in front of me.

"Yes. But that's awesome—you have to admit that. You're the fastest of all the supernatural creatures. You just have to use your abilities wisely," Derek explained to me and I held my head. I felt dizzy. I felt sick. I felt something and that something just didn't feel right. But when does anything feel right or normal in Beacon Hills? I stood up. I know how to control my abilities... I've turned before... But I've never seen myself when I turned. Not once. Did Will know all along? He's seen me turn. A bunch of times. He never told me anything. My eyes are the same yellow that all betas have. But I'm not a werewolf. It's a lot to take it. It's a lot to handle. But I've been through worse. I've handled worse than this. But now, I'm too much to handle for myself. I can't ask Derek to handle me.

"Maelie?" A certain voice said breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I questioned Derek.

"How about tonight we have a normal night together. No talking about the supernatural even if there's Mexican hunters after you. I'm gonna go get something to eat. Stay here okay?" And with that. Derek left. I mean, I am scared that I'm home alone with hunters looking for me, but Derek just wants to be normal for an hour. And I want that too. But it will never be normal, never. No matter how hard he tries. I can't forget about everything that has happened so far in my life, I can't.

20 minutes passed and Derek still wasn't here. I sighed heavily. I heard something... not something... someone. Someone I have never heard before. But I had a thought of who it was when I heard a different language. I was 100% positive it was Spanish. I stood up. I flicked my wrist and my claws came popping out. Fangs replaced my teeth as I waited for my target. "La loba!" I heard a voice shout. Then, an arrow was shot through my window. I growled. I ran upstairs and watched from my bedroom window. I saw them walking across my front lawn. But still Derek is nowhere to be found. I don't want to kill any of them. "We are here for you Maelie Rogers. And if you don't come out then we will come in," they threatened.

"I don't want to kill any of you. I'm not that type of person," I said through clenched fangs. The lady kept pacing on my front lawn.

"You have 2 minutes," she announced. I grabbed my phone, put on a pair of shoes, and went out my back door. Hey if I'm a were-cheetah I may as well use my speed to run. So that's exactly what I did. Where can I go? I didn't even know where I was running to until I found myself standing in front of Beacon Hills High School.

Shit. I got myself in such a screwed up situation.

••
a/n
hi! so yeah this happened... I'm excited for what's to come bc i think ive actually turned this story around!! ty!!
-kel