~15~

•Maelie Rogers•

I called the Calaveras. I had my cellphone with me. I'm so stupid but I've played my part. I am dangerous. I know I am. There's no helping me and I know there isn't. I wrote a letter for Derek and Will right after I called when him and Will weren't looking. I mean, I guess my time is over you know? I had my first love... I had some losses in my life that I could never get over.

I hate the life that has taken over my normal one. A freaking were-cheetah. It all started with that stuoid bite that led back to Derek, but I don't care. I love Derek and I know the Calaveras want to killl me. But, I can't run forever. "La Loba!!" was the last shout we heard. Derek stood up abruptly.

"What the hell?" He whispered to me. Will shifted and so did Derek but I didn't. I just stood there. I've been thinking a lot. Thinking about what if no one can save me? What if death is the option I have to take? I'm dangerous. I know I am. I got out of the little hiding place that we were and watched what was going on. We were hiding. That was a cowardly decision we made. I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't know why all of a sudden I'm acting like this... it's just I have this strange gut feeling that I'd hurt someone and that's the last thing I want.

I know I'm new to the supernatural but that gut feeling just didn't feel right. I've had gut feelings before but one of those gut feelings was one where you'd just kinda brush it off your shoulder, this one, I knew it wasn't one that you could just brush off your shoulder. It wasn't one to be ignored. Araya Calavera was currently fighting Derek while I just stood there and watched.

Part of me wanted to help. Part of me wanted to run away. But my mind told me no. I stood there. I watched as Will got thrown into a tree while an arrow shot through his arm and I watched Derek get stabbed in the stomach and fall to thr ground. I looked up to see weapons pointed at both Derek and Will and Araya coming towards me. "Maelie!" Derek yelled but I just stood there waiting for my fate to come. Araya pulled out an arrow that was laced with a green substance.

"Mae move out of the way!" Will screamed at me. But I ignored him. I tried to move because I wanted to keep living but my mind wouldn't let me. Something was telling me that this was my fate and I couldn't ignore that. I watched as Araya loaded her bow and arrow. And I watched as the arrow launched into my chest as I fell back onto the ground.

••
a/n
hello!! i'm afraid there's only a few more chapters left...
-kel