#9« 'Who's laughing now, Coby Michael??'

This is a Pentatonix fanfic one-shot...

- - - - - - -

I look at the dial on my wrist nervously.

It's been 4 hours, and there's absolutely no sign of what I've been waiting for.

I sigh.

Kevin and Avi notice my mood change and walk over.

"Hey, Scott, are you okay??" asks Kevin.

I shrug in response, 'cause I don't really know.

"If-" Kevin starts, only to be cut off by Kirstie furiously gesturing at us to get on the stage.

Oh, right, we were supposed to be singing by now.

I look around for Mitch, when I spot him already on the stage with Kirstie.

Kevin runs to the stage and stands by Kirstie.

"Come on, let's go!!" Avi says.

I nod and start running, with Avi close behind me.

I reach the stage and run on the steps leading up to the stage, only to trip on the last step and fall backwards.

Ooh, this is going to hurt!!

I brace myself for a bad fall, but end up landing on something soft, or, I should say, someone.

I hear a loud 'Oomph' as I fall.

I manage to get up and turn around to see Avi squished (no, not really!!) under me.

He sits up and rubs his neck.

I offer him a hand and pull him up.

"Sorry!!" I mumble as we climb up and onto the stage.

"It's okay!!" he replies.

As we reach the stage, I see Kirstie, Kevin and Mitch laughing their heads off.

I look at Avi, who just rolls his eyes.

We stand next to Mitch as someone hands us our mics and walks out.

Kevin has stopped laughing by now, but Kirstie and Mitch are still laughing.

Sighing, I whack Mitch's head lightly, causing him to stop laughing and say, "Sorry, Scottland!!"

I roll my eye at his nickname and lean a bit forward and glare at Kirstie until she stops laughing, but a smile is still stuck on her face as she says, "Sorry, Scooter!!"

Gosh, these guys have some weird nicknames for me!!

"Ey, Scotty, you ready??" asks Kevin.

I sigh and let out a deep breath.

"Wait, what are we singing??" asks Avi.

Kevin smacks his forehead and replies, " 'Cracked' now, and then I'll tell you later..."

Avi nods and turns to me.

"Good luck!!" he says.

"Same to you!!" I reply with a smile.

Avi always manages to make me smile when I feel down!!

I'm still staring at Avi with a foolish grin stuck on my face when Mitch clears his throat.

"Scottland, you can drool over Avi later, but now, sing!!" he says and nudges me.

People chuckle from the audience.