#10« 'A Date with Pops'

Recently, my dad (Pops as I call him) said he would have a day free.

Let me tell you he's extremely busy. Still, he managed to find time for 'A Date with My Daughter' (as he phrased it).

The first half of the day went by unremarkably.

I made Pops listen to the type of music I listen to, and explained about it (he doesn't seem to understand beatboxing- I played Ptx songs and, for all of Kevin's beatboxing, he wouldn't believe it's a capella!!) to him.

We were just talking about the most random things when he told me he would tell me a story. Quickly opening up Wattpad, I gave him the get go.

He started dictating as I typed...

TWIST IN THE 'TAIL':

'It was a dark night. Pitch dark, as it was a new moon day.

The last bus going to town was reaching the outskirts carrying with it about fifty passengers all of different ages, sizes, shapes and genders.

Just then, the skies opened up and lightning struck. An imminent thunderstorm was evident.

The bus broke down.

The driver declared that there was a major repair and the bus could not move from its location on the centre of the road. The lights of the bus went off due to a short circuit. All that was visible of the bus was a pale silhouette against a darker background which could be noticed only by the most discerning eyes.

There was an eerie silence and an audible gasp. Even the silent prayers from the terrified passengers could be heard in the silence. But were the prayers heard by who should have?

But God seemed busy elsewhere as there seemed to be no signs of divine help.

Just then, lightning struck a dead tree nearby, setting it ablaze, raising wails among the weak hearted. Some wanted to get down the wretched bus and walk to safety. But their hopes were dashed as a torrential downpour started as if on cue.

Loud thunder followed and heavy rains lashed the window panes scaring even the bravest of the men inside. all prayers seemed futile and all words of bravery sounded hollow in such a gruesome scenario.

Everyone within the bus were scared to their innermost core and were trembling with fear, not knowing what to do and all seemed lost.

It was then that a ray of hope emanated to bring an end to the unhappy plight of the scores of men and women trapped inside a pathetic dilapidated powerless bus.

Their plight ended on a happy note as I stopped dictating the story to my daughter.'

And we ended up laughing our heads off.

Damn, that was fun!!

I'm glad I had so much fun on my date with Pops!!

I really hope we can find some time to do it again...

Until then, I'll remember this fondly!!

- - - - - - - 

This is a true one- shot.

That was so fun!!

- - - - - - -