#15« 'Sharp Cheekbones'

(VERY short but interesting (even if I say so myself)...)

Staring out the rusty window missing panes, her brown pupils contracted as she focused on nothing in particular, she seemed an odd fixture in the graying desolate building that seemed to host no life other than hers. Her eyes turned glossy and her mouth twisted in a rather odd mixture of sorrow and hate as she remembered something.

So it was natural the chalky complexioned boy hesitated to near her when he saw her leaning on the wall adjoining the window as if her life depended on it. She heard the light whooshing sound of shifting clothes indicating someone nearing her but seemed not to care as she moved not a millimetre.

He hesitantly raised his hand up to her shoulder before dropping it and exhaling loudly so she would hear and turn around and she did. He took in her defined features contorted with grief or pain, he couldn't tell which though.

She attempted to wipe her face clean of the sorrow that seemed to have overwhelmed her entire self. He watched, amused, as curiosity seemed to overtake her earlier emotion and her eyebrows shot up. She tried to pull one down without affecting the other but failed miserably, leaving her annoyed as he laughed and lifted his right eyebrow effortlessly.

The sound of his laughter both warmed her and sent chills down her spine. She shrugged away the eeriness radiating from him as she felt infinitely closer to him even though they hadn't exchanged a word.

She turned back to the window, her hair flying all over the place due to a cold breeze that seemed to have picked up from nowhere at all. Moments later, she sensed his presence by her side, staring at her staring out the window. His hair must have been oiled quite a bit by the way not one strand moved out of its place on his rather triangular cranium.

His entire presence screamed 'unusual', as she would've put it; the way he held his jaws together, slightly bulging as if he had something in between them, and the rather unnatural placement of his hands, slightly extended apart from his side as if he expected to hold onto something anytime soon, should have tipped her off to be careful, and they probably would have had she not been so occupied in observing that her reflection had disappeared in those rather oddly shaped faded yellowish eyes sunken deep into their sockets so they were barely visible.

She slightly swallowed some saliva nervously as she noticed that he shuffled closer to her. She noticed his sharp cheekbones and his sculpted chin but she never noticed his sharp and pointed fangs until they punctured her neck.

(Howzzat? Bet you didn't expect that, huh? Whale, that's it for now...)