Chapter 6

"Welcome to the Christmas of your worst nightmare!" he creepily flashes us a grin.

The lights start to flicker again, five times, before they are on again.

The room is now empty, except for us there is no one visible.

It is silent in the room, when suddenly the wall starts crumbling behind us. A door, old and in a deep black colour, appears.

Without anyone touching it, it flings open and a gust of wind that appears out of nowhere, starts dragging us towards the door.

Johnny grabs onto the door with one hand, the other grabbing for my arm. I am hanging onto Johnny and have the feeling that somebody is trying to pull me down. I immediately tell Lucy to hold onto me, as she still hasn't let go.

The wind gets stronger and stronger, when the dead Santa's face appears like a cloud in front of us. He is laughing again, when his hand shoots out of nowhere and grabs Johnny's arm, causing him to let go of the door.

We fall into darkness, like sucked up by a black hole. We are tumbling aimlessly through the darkness, when we suddenly hit the ground.

My gaze falls directly to my left, making sure that Johnny is there. He too is looking at me and is relieved to see that I am there safely and not hurt in any way.

I quickly turn my gaze to the right, to make sure that Lucy is there too and luckily, she is.

I can see how scared she is in her face. Just like when we watched the horror movie together.

Johnny realises too and quickly reassures her with soothing words.

We look around to see, where exactly we have landed.

There are exactly seven doors surrounding us and they are all identical, no difference to be seen anywhere.

"Time to choose a door. You only have one go at this", a voice is heard, deep and scary. It's the voice of Santa's ghost.

We look at each other, waiting for someone to suggest something to do. Finally, Johnny breaks the silence.

"Okay, you heard the freaky ghost, we have to choose a door. Just one out of these seven doors is the right one and we only have one chance to choose. Look for any sign that could show us, which one is the right door, but whatever you do, do not open the door, before we have decided together", Johnny explains.

So, we each walk to a different door and start looking for something that could help us detect which door is the right one.

I look at the door in front of me. It is made of a dark brown wood, probably oak, and looks quite old. Like the doors you would see in a horror movie in an abandoned house.

There's a big keyhole on the left side of the door, big enough to look through it with one eye.

I bend down to look through the hole, hoping to be able to see something on the other side, but to my disappointment, all I see when peering through the hole is darkness. Nothing but endless darkness.

I get up again and turn around to talk to Johnny and Lucy.

"There's nothing but darkness on the other side", I tell them and point to the keyhole I had just been peering through.

They automatically peer through their keyhole, hoping to find something instead of darkness on the other side. But to their disappointment they too see darkness.

"So, what do we do now then?" Lucy asks, after Johnny has peered through each keyhole with no luck whatsoever.

"We have to choose one, otherwise we will be stuck in here forever", I answer.

Just then one of the skeleton ghosts appears in the middle of the room, making us all jump and Lucy and me to start screaming.

"Time to choose a door or I will choose one for you and trust me, it will not be the right door", the ghost's deep voice threatens laughing loudly. "You have thirty seconds", the ghost finishes.

We can hear a clock ticking, somewhere in the distance, getting louder and louder, counting down ever second. The ghost disappears from in front of them, but his laugh is still heard faintly in the distance.

We look at each other with panic in our eyes. Then, without hesitating or thinking for a minute, I grab Lucy's and Johnny's hand and head for the door right in front of us. Before they have the chance to agree or protest, I push down the door handle and the door swings open, with a gust of wind following, dragging us into the room. Then the door slams shut behind us, causing us to look back.

We look back to check out where we have landed. It is another room with one little window on the left side of the room, making the room a little lighter.

Suddenly Santa's ghost is standing in front of us. "Well done on the first task. There haven't been many people that have even made it this far. Let's see, how you will do on this one then, ey." The ghost disappears and the room is magically filled with mirrors.

"What the hell are we supposed to do now?" Lucy asks us. "You need to find the right mirror and step through it to complete the task", the ghost's voice is heard in the room.

"This is sick. I don't know what for a crazy joke this is and who is playing it, but it is not funny anymore and I am so going to kill that person. You are sick, you hear me?" Lucy starts freaking out and shouting around.

"Calm down, Lucy. This is not going to help us, you shouting around like that. And I hate to admit it, but I doubt it that somebody is playing a joke on us, cause those ghosts look pretty bloody real to me, even if I say so myself", Johnny admits.

I take Lucy's hand. "Don't worry, Lucy. I promise you that we will get out of here alive", I re-assure her.

She smiles slightly at me. "Okay, then let's go check out these mirrors", she says walking towards the mirrors.

After inspecting them quickly, she turns to us. "I think we should let Kathy decide which mirror to go through. After all, she is the one, who chose the right door a minute ago", Lucy states and smiles at me.

Johnny doesn't say anything to this and is just looking at the mirror in front of him. "Johnny?" I look at him. He straight away snaps out of wherever he was.

"Hm? Sorry, what did you say?" he asks us, a little embarrassed that he was caught not listening.

"How can you be somewhere else with your thoughts right now?" Lucy asks a little angry with him for obviously not taking this situation seriously.

Johnny quickly looks at me, scared that I am angry or annoyed with him too. I realise and quickly smile at him, reassuring him that everything is fine. He smiles back at me and relaxes again, then turns to Lucy.

"You need to live a little", he answers with a big grin on his face.

I'm so sorry that it took so long for me to update. I was pretty busy with School. But finally I have found the time to update, so I hope that you all enjoy this chapter and please let me know in the comments below what you think of it.

And also I would like to know whether you want me to continue writing this book. If you do then let me know in the comments below :)

Looking forward to your comments and until next time guys ;) You all are great!!!