Chapter 7

Hey guys, first of all I wanted to apologise to you all for taking so long to update this story. It really isn't that easy trying to write three stories at the same time.

I really hope that you guys haven't lost any interest in this story and I will make sure to update it more recently.

For now I hope you will enjoy this chapter. Please let me know in the comments below what you think of it ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After repeating what she had said and a mean stare from Lucy, Johnny nods for me to choose the right mirror.

So, I walk up to every mirror, inspecting it closely, until I have checked out all of them. I close my eyes and think of all the mirrors again, picturing them in my head. "That one", I say, pointing to one of the mirrors in the centre of the room.

"Are you sure about that? It looks like all the others", Johnny says, looking from the mirror I am still pointing at to other mirrors around it, checking to find any difference. But there is no difference. It looks exactly like all the other mirrors, but for some reason something inside of me is telling me to take that mirror.

'Take it, it's the right one. Believe me', a small voice says inside of me. 'Wait, what? Who said that?' I think, panicking a little. 'I did', the voice answers again.

"Kathy?" I am ripped out of my thoughts by Lucy and Johnny both staring at me in bewilderment. "Are you okay?" Lucy asks.

"What? Oh, yeah, I'm fine, just needed to think for a second there", I answer quickly and smile slightly, so they don't realise that something is up.

"Let's get out of here", I finish and head towards the mirror, but turn around once more in front of it. Johnny and Lucy come up beside me and each takes one of my hands, then together we step through the mirror.

A bright beam appears, and I have to close my eyes, as they are starting to burn from the light. I can still feel Johnny and Lucy beside me, which calms me down a bit, seeing as I don't know what is going to happen next or what that bright light is.

Suddenly the light disappears again, and I carefully open my eyes. We are in a meadow with a little river flowing through it.

'Wait, hold up. Am I seeing this properly? We are in a meadow. But that must mean we are outside.' I look overjoyed and see that Lucy and Johnny have the same happy expressions on their faces.

'It only looks like a meadow. You are not outside. And this meadow isn't real', the voice I heard in the mirror room before explains.

"Who are you?" I ask, not realising that I had said that out loud.

 "Who is who?" Johnny asks me. "You can't hear the voice?" 

"What voice?" now it is Lucy who is looking at me with a frown on her face.

'Oh great, now I am going crazy', I think. 

'You are not crazy. I am here', the voice speaks again. The voice sounds kind of soothing, but freaks me out at the same time, seeing as I don't know where that voice is coming from or who it is.

'Who are you?' I ask myself, feeling a little bit stupid, that I am kind of communicating to myself inside my head. 

'I am your conscience', the voice answers. 

'What do you mean my conscience? And how come you are talking to me now and didn't do it any sooner?' I ask the voice angrily, seeing as I am not getting any clear answers.

'Close your eyes', the voice instructs, and I do so. 'Now clear your head and you will be able to see me.'

I do as the voice tells me and don't even hesitate for a second. I clear my head and see black, just as I had expected to see. But then a light starts to appear in the left corner of the black area I can see. The light comes closer and closer. Soon I can start to make out a figure. It looks like an... but it can't be an... an elf?

'I am Alea Olozeiros, the elf of conscience. And with that the elf of your conscience', she says, smiling. Now she is clearly visible. She is wearing a long violet dress that trails behind her. Her hair is a long black colour, and she is beautiful. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

"Kathy? Are you alright?" Johnny's voice rings through my head and I remember that I am here, in this freaky place with my two best friends and they must think I am crazy.

My eyes open immediately, and I am looking directly into Lucy and Johnny's worried faces. The picture of Alea gone within seconds.

"Sorry, yeah, I'm fine", I respond, blushing a little for lying to them, because I am not fine, I am the opposite of fine. What am I going to do? I have an elf stuck inside me, claiming to be my conscience and I have to find a way to get us out of this crazy place.